Twin Slider Kombi to Day Van Conversion

I’ve removed the single seats and will move the bench back and forwards between camping and when at home …shame two singles won’t fit in the back ….
I ordered my slidepod in January and was getting to end of my tether at the weekend … the boss of slidepods rung me yesterday to apologise they are having trouble getting the phenolic ply and had sourced 3 large packs of boards but I think only one is turning up this week …. They have promised me delivery by 12th …my sons meant to be christening the camper going to Scotland on the 15th ..!!! I think they are honouring individual orders over wholesale companies
I spoke to them this morning. They had been waiting for the boards for the beds, which have now arrived. I'm promised an update next week.

Wow you cut it fine … just come away today for trial run
I take it yours arrived in time then? It might seem like it was cutting it fine, but I use the van to tow a caravan. The side bed is now too short for my daughter. So she will be sleeping in the van and if the slidepod didn’t arrive she would have been on an air mattress!

Enjoy the weekend.

they look like good bits of kit the slide pod, i'm just building a pod that fits into the Ovano, so its removal-able.

they look like good bits of kit the slide pod, i'm just building a pod that fits into the Ovano, so its removal-able.
They are well built and look very good, but given I hadn’t physically seen one before I ordered it, it was a leap of faith. The new version (slidepod 2.0) seems to be easier to remove than the old version. Take out the sliding pod and then remove 2 bolts and straps and you can remove the carcass.

It took me 30 mins to put it in, but given it wasn’t fully assembled when it arrived, I think it could take it out in 15 minutes.

I’m very glad I purchased it as I don’t have the woodworking skills to build my own so all credit to you.

Back