Twin Slider Kombi to Day Van Conversion

Here is the difference between the panel hidden clips and the roof hidden clips from MVM. A bit of a difference in height, but boy did it make it easier to fit the panel by myself. I only used to longer clips in the holes across the roof bracing. Once the holes and clips lined up they went straight in and held the panel in place to allow me to knock in the side clips987CCA39-4D60-4ECA-8EA2-4393A9E2BABF.jpegC7648AF8-60DF-4009-B366-E3039F46E7AC.jpeg

Front panel now in place.
image.jpg

Here is the difference between the panel hidden clips and the roof hidden clips from MVM. A bit of a difference in height, but boy did it make it easier to fit the panel by myself. I only used to longer clips in the holes across the roof bracing. Once the holes and clips lined up they went straight in and held the panel in place to allow me to knock in the side clipsView attachment 147747View attachment 147748

Front panel now in place.
View attachment 147749
nice job. I have rear panels carpeted now, just waiting for some carpet stain guard to arrive then I will spray them. I went for longer external clips in the end. made the single roof panel today, had to join it so waiting for glue to dry, fingers crossed. then get the roof lining, how come you didn't use yours, looks like you have done the same carpet all round, or is that a darker roof lining.

nice job. I have rear panels carpeted now, just waiting for some carpet stain guard to arrive then I will spray them. I went for longer external clips in the end. made the single roof panel today, had to join it so waiting for glue to dry, fingers crossed. then get the roof lining, how come you didn't use yours, looks like you have done the same carpet all round, or is that a darker roof lining.
I went for precut ply panels, but there was no way I would be able to fit a full length panel by myself. The van is a LWB. I carpeted the metal work in Graphite and the panels and roof in Smoke. I was trying to keep the colour scheme as close as possible to the orginal interior. Graphite was the closest I could get to the same colour as the Iridium Grey paint. Smoke the closest to the OEM hardboard panels. As the van is not being fitted out as a full on camper, I didn't want it to look like a sea of one colour carpet in the back.

Finally got the rear roof panel in.
View attachment 147910
Now just got to put the seats in and get out of the barn to take some decent photos.
where did you get the extra long hidden clips. I have the same problem now and some of the long normal clips don't fit, in the roof void there are a couple of spacer blocks, I need to either get some more of these? or make up some packing arrangement. how much roofing material is in your unused box.

where did you get the extra long hidden clips. I have the same problem now and some of the long normal clips don't fit, in the roof void there are a couple of spacer blocks, I need to either get some more of these? or make up some packing arrangement. how much roofing material is in your unused box.
The longer clips came from here:

I had 2 spacer blocks where the rear roof panel would attach across the roof beam. I wasn't really sure what they acutally did and I tried to use the shorter clips on them, but they didn't fit, so I removed them and used the longer clips.

I had 10M of carpet for the panels and roof panels and I have just over 1.5M left, plus lots of off cuts!

For the last two days I have fitted a Cab Divider curtain and some new headlights. I went with the Transporter HQ V3 LED's, the difference is amazing.

Old and new compared

IMG_5538.JPG

Result after testing and refitting the grill and bumper

IMG_5541edit.png

It wasn't too difficult, but getting the grill and bumper off was a pig. I followed the Transporter HQ video, which was straight forward with which bolts, screws and panel clips to remove under the bonnet and each wheel arch. The final pull off was a lot harder than it looks in the video.

I broke both panel clips that hold on the wheel arch liners, but discovered that the interior panel clips are a great replacement, despite being grey vs the OEM ones which are black.

I also found you have to disconnect the loom for the front fog lights (if you have them), before forcefully pulling the bumper off. Once the new headlights were in I tested them fully before putting the bumper and grill back, but I did have a bulb error on the dash. I worked out this was because I had not reconnected the fog light loom. Now its all back I have no bulb errors.

For the last two days I have fitted a Cab Divider curtain and some new headlights. I went with the Transporter HQ V3 LED's, the difference is amazing.

Old and new compared

View attachment 148403

Result after testing and refitting the grill and bumper

View attachment 148404

It wasn't too difficult, but getting the grill and bumper off was a pig. I followed the Transporter HQ video, which was straight forward with which bolts, screws and panel clips to remove under the bonnet and each wheel arch. The final pull off was a lot harder than it looks in the video.

I broke both panel clips that hold on the wheel arch liners, but discovered that the interior panel clips are a great replacement, despite being grey vs the OEM ones which are black.

I also found you have to disconnect the loom for the front fog lights (if you have them), before forcefully pulling the bumper off. Once the new headlights were in I tested them fully before putting the bumper and grill back, but I did have a bulb error on the dash. I worked out this was because I had not reconnected the fog light loom. Now its all back I have no bulb errors.
I have the LED headlights, amazing,

Finally out of the barn. Still waiting on the vanshades and slide pod, but I can now actually use it. Although I now have the oil inspection service due in the next 5 days!
426BCFEB-2383-4B19-AF56-EBDECD9D7401.jpegB5C8D4D2-CB82-404A-8573-6CC8E0105C31.jpeg

Clearly the floor needs a clean, but I was too excited to take some pics in the sunlight.

Finally out of the barn. Still waiting on the vanshades and slide pod, but I can now actually use it. Although I now have the oil inspection service due in the next 5 days!
View attachment 148530View attachment 148531

Clearly the floor needs a clean, but I was too excited to take some pics in the sunlight.
looking really good, your just ahead of me, I have been having a mare with my roof panel. made it out of 5 mm ply, covered it and fitted it today but cannot get the hidden clips in the cover strip to hold and the central long clips won't grip either. now need to get 8 extra long hidden clips and try again. may just leave the central ones and see how it works out. walked away for a break.

@Linoleum Bonypart You have some extra floor brackets in the back versus my setup. Does this allow two single seats in the third row? Got any pics with seats fitted? Is your van LWB? Third row brackets look much further from the rear versus mine also.

D8C6CD86-6C39-4DB0-9E6B-C134C8B94333~2.jpeg

I have a bench fitted in the third row, but I thought it was only four brackets. I need to look at the van in the morning.
That looks like the option of a single rear seat instead of the bench. Given the space between the wheel arch and the doors I would suggest it’s a LWB.

Vanshades finally arrived yesterday and fitted today, very pleased with the results. Now just waiting on the slide pod and I should be finished’ish!
D02A7FDC-04D1-4B7F-B089-BA1BA118D91A.jpeg83B1A1AB-01FE-4071-9A7A-5A13F572C9C5.jpegE2290806-1E2B-458F-9045-3FAF4EED2F34.jpeg

I’ve removed the single seats and will move the bench back and forwards between camping and when at home …shame two singles won’t fit in the back ….
I ordered my slidepod in January and was getting to end of my tether at the weekend … the boss of slidepods rung me yesterday to apologise they are having trouble getting the phenolic ply and had sourced 3 large packs of boards but I think only one is turning up this week …. They have promised me delivery by 12th …my sons meant to be christening the camper going to Scotland on the 15th ..!!! I think they are honouring individual orders over wholesale companies

Back