:thumbsup: please let us know how you get on
Thought i would report back on my pressures now it has been a couple of months. After a fair bit if experimenting i think i have found a good setup of 44 front and 42 back. Tyre wear seems even and the bulge in tyres looks the same front to back. :)

Tidy! How about dishing the juicy deets?
Fuel Zephyr – 17″ Matt Black Finish 8.5J 5×120, running Pirelli SCORPION™ ALL TERRAIN PLUS 235/65R17. Supplied and fitted by Transporter HQ.

Some more photos:

Quarter.jpg

Wheel.jpg

Side Right.jpg

And a shot showing the difference between the standard rims/tyres on the left and the new on the right

20210322_101556.jpg

Comment to add, there is ZERO rubbing. None at all. Not sure the 245s would clear on full lock, but these 235s on standard T6.1 suspension clear the arches completely. Checked the speedo against GPS readings and it has corrected the factory discrepancy and now reads bang on the GPS reading at 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 an 70.

I fitted mine yesterday - Fuel zephyrs - matt black - 8.5J BF Goodrich k02 225/65/17. Moved from Clayton 16” with 205/65/16 on.
Originally going with the 245’s after much reading on here and elsewhere I was a bit concerned. The issue for me would have been the distance between the inner rear arch moulding (see pic) with the 225’s on now - that distance is approx 1””.
The 245’s would have obviously been less and I wasn’t willing to take the risk. If my calculations are correct, it would have been close to touching that inner moulding at the closest point. I have bog standard suspension and obviously the conversion weight is making a difference to mine. I can’t comment on what others may be like, but for me, these are just the subtle faux swamper look I was after.

Regards to Speedo, I’m now about 1 mph over compared to sat nav, so 30 Speedo is 31 mph on sat nav. I can live with that!

After seeing what tyre pressure’s people are running on here I’ve just bumped all four to 45psi, I will have a play around with that as time go’s on. For now they seem fine.

The pro’s for me - bigger and better looking wheel and tyre combo than I had on.
I love the look of these
The grip should be better for camp fields etc (this I’ve not tested yet-but gotta be better than what I had)
There is a slight improvement over potholes and the likes.
They should last quite some time!

negs :
slightly heavier on the steering with these. Anything else time will tell.

E91D13CC-C215-41A0-9ACD-22E1A0F5E920.jpeg258DB1FF-221B-4ED4-8FFC-BC517DAA1784.jpeg70587CF2-7A07-4977-9F16-1091000721EC.jpeg4BBA7C53-144D-488C-8B2E-8DCFA4BE5CB2.jpeg53AD0545-D46D-4836-9E81-4E03515EFBF3.jpeg

Fuel Zephyr – 17″ Matt Black Finish 8.5J 5×120, running Pirelli SCORPION™ ALL TERRAIN PLUS 235/65R17. Supplied and fitted by Transporter HQ.

Some more photos:

View attachment 109602

View attachment 109603

View attachment 109604

And a shot showing the difference between the standard rims/tyres on the left and the new on the right

View attachment 109605

Comment to add, there is ZERO rubbing. None at all. Not sure the 245s would clear on full lock, but these 235s on standard T6.1 suspension clear the arches completely. Checked the speedo against GPS readings and it has corrected the factory discrepancy and now reads bang on the GPS reading at 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 an 70.
Noooice! Cheers. They look great!

Some more photos:

View attachment 109602

View attachment 109603

View attachment 109604

View attachment 109605

Surprised that it’s standard suspension, she looks jacked up a tad in these pics.

I fitted mine yesterday - Fuel zephyrs - matt black - 8.5J BF Goodrich k02 225/65/17. Moved from Clayton 16” with 205/65/16 on.
Originally going with the 245’s after much reading on here and elsewhere I was a bit concerned. The issue for me would have been the distance between the inner rear arch moulding (see pic) with the 225’s on now - that distance is approx 1””.
The 245’s would have obviously been less and I wasn’t willing to take the risk. If my calculations are correct, it would have been close to touching that inner moulding at the closest point. I have bog standard suspension and obviously the conversion weight is making a difference to mine. I can’t comment on what others may be like, but for me, these are just the subtle faux swamper look I was after.

Regards to Speedo, I’m now about 1 mph over compared to sat nav, so 30 Speedo is 31 mph on sat nav. I can live with that!

After seeing what tyre pressure’s people are running on here I’ve just bumped all four to 45psi, I will have a play around with that as time go’s on. For now they seem fine.

The pro’s for me - bigger and better looking wheel and tyre combo than I had on.
I love the look of these
The grip should be better for camp fields etc (this I’ve not tested yet-but gotta be better than what I had)

negs :

View attachment 109612View attachment 109613View attachment 109614View attachment 109615View attachment 109616
Full on Storm Trooper. Awesome!

I have my heart set on the Tuff Torque modular steelies but the ones I’d like seem to be rarer than rocking-horse doo-doos atm. Still need to save up for them so not really an issue. This thread has been a massively valuable resource tho, thanks to ALL the guilty parties, biggup yourselves! X

I love the look of these

negs :

View attachment 109612View attachment 109613View attachment 109614View attachment 109615View attachment 109616
Who supplied your wheels & tyres pls?

Some more photos:

View attachment 109602

View attachment 109603

View attachment 109604

View attachment 109605

Do these tyres have the 3peaks 3PMSF symbol on them....?

Anyone tried 215/65 ŕ16 102XL tyres on their van? How did they handle?

I have a set of almost new Nokian Rotiiva AT's in that size off of my previous car that I'd like to try on my new van. I'm a little sceptical that the low load index on them is not enough and will handle badly on the van, but it's a t28 so it should technically be within limits...

Back