My Sportline Journey

BuilderJay

Senior Builder
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Thought I’d start my own thread for reference. Started out back in 2008 purchasing a 2005 Trendline swb Transporter which started off as a basic 102 bhp van then after 13 years of ownership turned into a lowered, carpeted 220bhp hybrid turbo van.

This is my original Van being transformed from a standard panel van to a coloured bumper. Jeez I thought I was so cool :fast rofl:

It stayed like this for a couple of years until I done a thread on the VWT5 Forum of which was the front end change to the T5.1 Facelift. Soon after the head gasket blew so while the head was off being skimmed I put in 30% bigger injectors and upgraded the turbo to a hybrid one. Rolling road remap tuned it to 220bhp. Then lowered it on Vmaxx coilovers dropping it down 100mm ish. Fantastic ride on those.

E8F49741-3CB4-45A9-ACD6-8A9DDF69F43E.jpeg

After 13 years of ownership I sold the T5 on MayDay 2019. I leased a lwb Transit Custom for 3 years to see if anything good would be released. As luck would have it they released the T6.1 Sportline. I ordered one on the 28th June 2021. A LWB Pure Grey one.

Next job is spare wheel under the van and non drill mudguards. Just ordered a bonnet stone chip protector too.

Reactions: CAB
Van lining is 6mm polypropylene from Legend fleet. £419 inc vat and delivery. Stronger than ply.
Will protect the sides for a few years until I retire her into a day van :p

Next job is spare wheel under the van and non drill mudguards. Just ordered a bonnet stone chip protector too.
Keep us posted on this, I’ve got one floating about in the back which I’ve thought about putting in the correct place.

Vanstyle mate. £117 for those. £67.99 for the wheel arch protectors plus £12 delivery.

Did you get a bonnet protector? I got one in from Vanimal and it looks great as you don't see any fixings however it doesn't allow the bonnet to close. I think the clearance on Sportlines is tighter and potentially not allowing this one to fit.

Yes I got one from EBay but you have to slide rubber brackets onto the bonnet then screw the protector onto those. Not happy with that so it’s now in my shed in storage but happy to sell to someone for just postage. Might just clear wrap the bonnet in PPF for £200

Thanks to @Pauly sending all the bits to me I managed to get the wheel out of the back of the van and underneath it in the proper place.
Painted the spare rusty silver wheel 1st with some Smooth Hammerite I had in the shed then once dry fitted the carrier with pin and a bit of pipe lagging foam as recommended by others.
Used the wheel brace as a lever to lift the carrier onto the bolt then secured it with the security bolt.
Think I’ll buy another spacer bush as you can see in the photo the carrier bends a bit when tightening the bolt.
I have a 17” spare which is 215 wide so need the spacer.

IMG_5206.jpeg

IMG_5207.jpeg

IMG_5208.jpeg

IMG_5209.jpeg

IMG_5210.jpeg

Back