@Dellmassive`s T6 T32 Sportline 204 LWB DSG PV MY18 - Van Adventure

At 50K we had the "All-In Extended Warranty Check" now infamous full check over

28/02/2022​
50800£0.00ALL-IN check - VW - Passed

ironically it failed at first.

The Dealer come back in said - "Sorry mate, you got non standard suspension fitted - so its failed."

tbc . . . . . . . .
so carrying on with this. . . .

The dealer said it failed. . . !!! WTH !

they said it had non standard suspension on it and the wrong wheels. !!

well i gota say i did chuckle. . .

1678184903225.png

i explained the van was a Genuine VW T32 Sportline, with genuine Sportline Alloys and Genuine Sportline suspension (Eibach 40mm drop from standard)

1678185110180.png1678185124630.png1678185170659.png

i mentioned that it was even on the V5 document as a Sportline.

but apparently the VW system had the van down as a standard T32 Panel van.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

after a few coffees and phone calls we got to the bottom of it. . .

as we all know the SPORTLINE is UK Twist on a T6 and as such the Sportline KIT is fitted in the UK after delivery from the Factory. . .

the base van is sent to a UK coachworks company to have all the gear fitted . . . .

suspension,
alloys,
side bars,
rear spoiler,
front splitter,
leather seats,

so the VW system had the base van spec, but not the Sportline spec. . . .

the argument from the dealer was,

"well if your spring fails and we need to order a new one, you can only have the standard one? as the Sportline kit is not on the warranty claim form. . . "

well . . . . i wasnt accepting that argument.

i paid for a Sportline, i had warranty for a Sportline, i wanted extended warranty for a Sportline,

The dealer finally accepted that fact and passed the van.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

at that point the dealer said i couldn't have the ALL-IN extended cover anyway . . . . . GRRRRRR !!!!!

due to the fact that i was still in the Factory extended warranty for years four and five, the system would allow a double warranty cover. . . . jeez !

so after all that i just had to leave and wait for the factory warranty to expire. . .

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1678185852514.png

so where am i going with this. . . . .

we the factory warranty runs out in a month, so its time to get the ALL-IN cover prepared.

after a service and check over ready for the ALL-IN i reminded them that it passed last time, and nothing had changed on the van . . .

so to just pass it through,

to which the answer was - we don't need to check the vans over anymore.

"anyone can have the cover,"

"no pre-check required."

"you can even buy it online."

so as @t6blo mentioned above " now they don’t bother - don’t even want to see the van and you can buy online :thumbsup:"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WHAT A TOTAL PALAVOUR . . . . :fast rofl:

check out the ALL-IN plan and get signed up:

you can start the 2years over right up until the van is six years old - so effectively covering the van up you 8 years old.

£35pm for 24mnths

1678186244566.png

All-in1 from Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles​

We have taken away the need to plan ahead for the main future servicing and repair costs, by creating one simple care package that you can spread across 24 monthly payments. All-in from Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles provides great value and significant savings overall, compared to pay as you go pricing. On average, drivers who go All-in save £1,730.00 over two years2. All-in has been designed specifically for vehicles aged three to six years, with an engine of 2.0L or less and under 100,000 miles at the point of activation.
Over 24 months you will receive:

• 2 services (including one Oil and Inspection service and one Oil and Inspection Service with Supplementary Scope)

• Additional Service Items (Spark plugs/diesel fuel filter & Air Filter)

• 2 MOTs

• Up to 2 years' Warranty

• 2 years' Roadside Assistance

• 1. Eligibility criteria plus T&C's apply. Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Finance.

2. Saving based on the average 2 year cost of Extended Warranty policies (with All Component Cover, unlimited mileage, and £0 excess) sold Jan to Sep 2022 for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles aged 3 to 6 years, with a 2.0L engine or less, and that have not been out of warranty for more than 30 days. Actual saving will be dependent on your vehicle.

• What's covered in each service​

• 2 x Services:

• 1 x Oil Service:
      • Vehicle health check

• 1 x Oil and Inspection Service:
      • Vehicle health check
      • Full vehicle road test
      • Pollen filter change
      • Full vehicle inspection and report to include all lights, instruments, glass, braking system etc.
    • 2 x MOT tests

• 2 x Annual test of the vehicle’s safety, roadworthiness and exhaust emissions

• For customers in Northern Ireland, two MOT pre-checks are also included, as well as drop-off and collection to and from the local government MOT test centre
    • Two years’ Roadside Assistance

• Roadside Assistance in the event of a breakdown, supplied by the AA

• Cover whilst you are travelling outside the UK within Europe

• In the event of recovery following a breakdown, where your vehicle cannot be repaired within a reasonable time, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Roadside Assistance may, at our absolute discretion, organise and cover the costs of car hire, hotel accommodation or alternative travel. Subject to eligibility and availability.
    • Up to two years’ Warranty

• Costs of repairing or replacing the covered components that have suffered a sudden electrical or mechanical failure during the period of cover (excludes no-claim period).

• Valid in the United Kingdom and for up to sixty days during the period of cover in Continental Europe.
      • If your vehicle’s previous Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK or Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Financial Services warranty expired over 30 days before you purchased All-in, then you won’t be able to claim in the first 30 days of your All-in Warranty (a “no-claim period”). Effectively, you’ll have 23 months where you can make a claim on your warranty.

What's excluded​

• Related to servicing

• Any wear and tear and any non-standard service work

• Glass/body repairs or any other damage

• Any parts identified as requiring replacement
      • You can read the terms and conditions relating to Servicing here.
    • Related to your MOT tests

• Any repairs highlighted by the MOT
      • You can read the terms and conditions relating to MOT tests here.
    • Related to Roadside Assistance

• Roadside Assistance outside of Europe
      • You can read the terms and conditions relating to Roadside Assistance here.
    • Related to Warranty

• All bodywork, paintwork, body components, glass, seals, wardrobes, cupboards and curtain rails

• Certain wear and perishable items

• Wear and tear, normal deterioration, routine servicing, maintenance or reprogramming

• Any defects that are likely to have existed before the period of cover or occurred during the no-claim period

• Faulty repairs, incorrect servicing or failure to have the vehicle serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations

• Losses or damage due in any way to any type of accident, misuse or any act or omission which is wilful, unlawful or negligent

• Claims linked from, or caused by, vehicles being modified in any way from the manufacturer’s specification

• Any vehicle already covered under any other guarantee, insurance, warranty and/or gesture of goodwill
      • If you fail to have the covered vehicle serviced correctly in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications during the period of cover, or you are unable to produce proof of such servicing if we request it, then this may invalidate your cover or we may not pay all or any part of a claim you make.
      • Please ensure you read the terms and conditions relating to your Warranty cover, which you can find here.
    • Related to your vehicle

• Vehicles with a service plan already in place

• Any vehicle which is owned by a business formed for the purpose of selling or servicing motor vehicles or for hire or reward or by a driving school

• Any vehicles used for competitions of any kind, racing, pacemaking, rallies, off-road use including track day

at this point the van was 4 years old & 52k miles. . . . and the Timing Belt & Water pump debate started,

07/03/2022​
51948Timing Belt & Waterpump kit - 4years old VW

to do it or not?

well the VW recommendations were Timing belt - 120k miles or 4yrs

so even though i was low on mileage, @50K miles i was right on the 4years mark.

asking the dealer. . . . they said it was up to me, but if i didn't get it done then there would be problems with any warranty claims down the road with any engine related issues as i wouldn't of followed the VW service schedule.

i still had a years warranty left, so decided to get it done. . .

+++++++++++++++

more on the schedual:

++++++++++++++++

So why the water pump as well. . . . . ?

well the suggestion is the the water pump bearing is weak, and can start to leak.

this leak starts to corrode causing the bearing to stiffen up and ultimately, possibly seize

because the timing belt drives the water pump, this can lead to the increased friction causing heating the belt, and in the event of a seized water pump - total timing belt failure.

due to the engine being and "interference engine" that means mechanical damage if the belt fails. . .

so the idea is a reduce belt service interval - including the water pump, so to catch any leaky water pumps before there is a problem.

++++++++++++++++

more on the timing belt and water pump:

++++++++++++++++

1678187502864.png1678187511593.png1678187519076.png

Last edited:
we had the 3rd service done at the same time as the Timing belt. . . 52k miles

07/03/2022​
51948£750.00Timing Belt & Waterpump kit - 4years old VW Dartford (Beedles)

1678187888782.png

at the same time as the above service 52k miles , we had the Front lower engine mount replaced.

this was a warranty job. . .

07/03/2022​
51948£0.00front lwr engine mount - FOC - . VW

1678188809586.png

1678188356788.png

Reactions: CAB
53k was time for new rear discs and pads

13/04/2022​
52827xBrembo rear discs - rear pads - front pads (not front discs)

more in that here:

1678189078881.png1678189089107.png1678189105960.png

covid kind got in the was a bit for 2020 to 2022 with Garages only being open to essential staff etc etc . . .

so by jan 2023 we was due for another service (5th) @ 61K miles

24/01/2023​
61289£511.275th service 61k & VW

nothing major here. . . just a standard service.

1678189395667.png

1678189350585.png

61k miles - low steering rack fluid.

++++++++++++

Steering started to feel heavy on 2/3rds lock ..

Checking the levels i found this. (hot engine.)

Eeek.

+++++++++++

++++++++++

1678190400502.png

so low level . . .

but no sign of a leak?

1678190430082.png

this was confirmed by the Dealer - No Leak,

so the PS oil was topped up.

i asked about where the oil had gone, they said it probably hadn't been topped up ever, so over the last 5years it had just gone down a bit. (wear&tear, oil degradation, evaporation, dilution - wherever, but it wasn't leaking.

topped up by VW FOC during a service.

61k - Engine oil leak ( front main crankshaft seal ) - FOC under warranty

26/01/2023​
61289£0.00front crankshaft oil seal replaced - warranty (oil leak)

this was highlighted when looking at the power steering rack low oil above.

this was visible from behind the drivers side wheel . .

1678190936182.png

@Loz was bang on and diagnosing the front crankshaft seal as leaking . . .

1678190980640.png

1678191000170.png

this was confirmed by the dealer while it was in for the service above. . .

it was covered by warranty and took about a day to deal with. . .

it was actually a lot worse that the pics above,

as we had the lower engine cover fitted, it protected the engine area and hid the full extent of the leak. . .

++++++++++++

more on that here:

++++++++++++

but the garage done the video check as part of the service and highlighted it. . .

tbc

the oil leak was identified and priced at £1018.15 !!!

1678191572063.png

1678191673839.png1678191690339.png1678191710428.png

Engine oil leak ( front main crankshaft seal ) - FOC under warranty

Last edited:
61K miles - EML Light ( EGR Valve/cooler replaced ) - FOC Warranty...

one of the other issues was the Orange EML (Engine Management Light)

this light alone will normally relate to emissions standards and is not normally something to instantly worry about.

1678191994913.png

it was on for a week or so before i had a chance to scan with VCDS, , ,

when i did, i got this back:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Eml light. EGR valve P0401 00 [236] - Insufficient Flow

Code will come back withing two drive cycles.

Scan data:
23871 - EGR System
P0401 00 [236] - Insufficient Flow
MIL ON - Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 25
Mileage: 88316 km
Date: 2052.01.19
Time: 20:12:02
Engine RPM: 1934.75 /min
Normed load value: 58.4 %
Vehicle speed: 107 km/h
Coolant temperature: 90 °C
Intake air temperature: 22 °C
Ambient air pressure: 1010 mbar
Voltage terminal 30: 14.484 V
Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
EGR travel diagnosis: strongly increased NOx emission: 0.00 kg/h
Exhaust recirc.valve 1 bank 1: posit.feedback - Actual value: -103.01 %
EGR travel diagnosis: marginally increased NOx emission: -49.20 kg/h
Mass airflow sensor 1 bank 1 airflow: raw value: 804.0 mg/stroke
Throttl.valve adapt. 1 bank 1: posit feedback - Actual value: 2.80 %
Charge press. ctrl deviation after throttle valve bank 1-Pressure_16_signed_10_mbar: 27.9 mbar
O2 sens. 1 bank 1 upstrm oxi cat: raw value: 1.895 counts

the code would clear down and return again within a couple of drive cycles, so a good indication that the EGR valve was clogged / blocked.

The dealer confirmed the diagnosis, but stated that they needed to do a EGR FLUSH first,

this was highlighted on the report and priced @ £384 !!!!

apparently its done with the EGR in situ on the engine, the EGR pipes are removed and a machine is used to flush chemicals through the EGR valve,

after this procedure, the EGR flow rate is re-tested. . .

if the Flush was successful your are sent on your way as the EML light will stay off as you are now under the Flow Rate threshold.

1678191944343.png

+++++++++++++

in my case however, the flush failed the resulting flow rate test. . . .

++++++

so i was advised that VW had insisted in a second flush . . . .

which also failed the resulting flow rate test. . . .

++++++

The next call from the dealer was to say that that the EGR had failed all the flushing and that VW had now authorised a new replacement EGR under warranty. .

++++++

1678192991427.png

example:

1678193034039.png

1678193042706.png

i haven't had any paperwork for this yet. . .

but the replacement EGR/cooler included a new front and rear EGR pipes,

plus a engine coolant replacement and air blead as its part of the water coolant circuit. .

ill update this when i get some paperwork for it. .

more info:

1678193244461.png

1678193296893.png

got the new case for the NOCO GBX155 jump pack. . . .

Nice . . . .

:mexican wave:

1678550867076.png1678550877826.png

++++

++++

wanted to check the van for any leaks after the recent service works. . .

also a quick VCDS scan:

1678551126298.png

+++++++

i cleared those down as they were there before the service works

+++++++

i also checked the battery status. . .

same as before. . .

battery SOC/SOC around 50-60% - that will need changing soon.

1678551205624.png

but i think the AMT2/12 Trickle charger is keeping it in better health than standard . . .

+++

+++

while underneath . . . looking to put the lower engine cover back on i say this. . . .

slight dampness on the oil filter housing. ( i know it was dry last week as i cleaned it)

1678551535477.png1678551578429.png

the outer size is 32mm socket to just crack it tight . . . . but it seemed tight enough?

the inner nut is for draining the filter housing before removal. . . thats a 15mm? (needs comfirming as i didnt check)

while underneath . . . looking to put the lower engine cover back on i say this. . . .

slight dampness on the oil filter housing. ( i know it was dry last week as i cleaned it)

View attachment 191699View attachment 191700

the outer size is 32mm socket to just crack it tight . . . . but it seemed tight enough?

the inner nut is for draining the filter housing before removal. . . thats a 15mm? (needs comfirming as i didnt check)

Careful not to overtighten the 32mm or the housing can go out of shape and leak. The correct nm is usually stamped on the 32mm part.

i had a random one the other day . . .

id run the fuel tank down to almost empty as i normally do,

then filled to the top.

on restart:

DPF - Yellow Warning Light

1681112564276.png

thats very odd i thought.

engine RPM were 800rpm normal, so a regen hadnt started yet.

i done a quick scan with Carista - that showed no engine related faults.

1681112691349.png

so i zeroed the trip counter and followed the VW guideance for clearing a DPF light.

basically higher revs for a sustained duration: DPF Regen, Yellow Light & Adblue - Whats It All About? -

"3. Drive at least 60Km/hr @ engine speed between 1800-2500rpm, at least 15 minutes until light goes out. (Automatic; Select Sport) Did the light go out?"

so i put the DSG in Sport mode and carried on my journey - i had about 20mins to go till the end of my journey.

just as i was about to pull away the revs jumped up as the van started doing a REGN, you can see the revs are now 950rpm up from 800rpm. (1558hrs)

1681113000307.png

i carried on with my drive home . . .

it was about 7.5miles, but took just over half an hour, (1632hrs)

keeping an eye on the dash, the revs were still high and the DPF light was still on. . . .

so i planed on getting home and sitting on the drive while to let the REGEN continue to the end.

but as luck would have it,

as soon as i pulled onto the drive and put it in Park,

the DPF light went out and the Revs dropped to the normal 800rpm.

1681113233035.png

his has only happened a couple of times, but all seems good now.

1681113378784.png

1) How many warning lights are on?​

One: go to step 2
More than one: Please contact roadside assistance on 0800 777 192

2. Is the fuel low warning light on?​

Yes: The light is on. Refuel the vehicle and go to step 3.
No: The light is not on. Go to step 3.

3. Drive at least 60Km/hr @ engine speed between 1800-2500rpm, at least 15 minutes until light goes out. (Automatic; Select Sport) Did the light go out?​

Yes: The light did go out. Filter successfully regenerated.
No: Go to step 4.

4. Can you take the vehicle to your closest authorised repairer?​

Yes: If you can take your vehicle, drive safely.
No: If you cant take your vehicle, please contact roadside assistance on 0800 777 192
Find a retailer

Mines done this sooo many times! I have to admit i do short journeys like 20/30mins so i can understand it, very annoying though.

Back