Just another AA Self Build.........

Not sure about the name.
Every time I see it I think of people going to Switzerland to top themselves.

That looks good.

Did you make the furniture and cushion?
Sorry for the late reply. It’s from Van Furniture, including the cushions. It’s well made and I’m very happy with it.
Thanks for the positive comment also. We had 8 trips in it last season.

Sorry for the late reply. It’s from Van Furniture, including the cushions. It’s well made and I’m very happy with it.
Thanks for the positive comment also. We had 8 trips in it last season.
I'm looking at theirs too if AJC dont want to make their own. Nice to hear you rate the quality

The only thing that is slightly annoying is the kitchen unit door on the swb version like ours, it opens the wrong way. Ideally it should be hinged on the right hand side and not the left.
Also we are glad we didn’t go for the optional pull out drawer for the side unit, I believe this would restrict storage options, though that’s just our personal opinion. Delivery is very expensive also, £120

The only thing that is slightly annoying is the kitchen unit door on the swb version like ours, it opens the wrong way. Ideally it should be hinged on the right hand side and not the left.
Also we are glad we didn’t go for the optional pull out drawer for the side unit, I believe this would restrict storage options, though that’s just our personal opinion. Delivery is very expensive also, £120
Maybe that could be requested when I order. Interesting comment regarding the sliding drawer as I thought that looked really cool!

The drawer is cool and we did deliberate for a while over it but it limits size/length of what can be stored. Take a look at YouTube channel, ‘Higher ground lifestyle’ its worth watching. He has that interior and you can get a good look at the sliding drawer. He mods his actually.
We have now added an over head cabinet in ours. We really like the Buffalo board as well.

IMG_6828.jpeg

IMG_6820.jpeg

IMG_6825.jpeg

Like the ladder idea , is it attached temporarily or permanently? Or just for construction? Great job so far
Temporarily mate, just hooks on to the pop top bed. With me changing my front seats, you couldn’t access the pop top as easy, hence the ladder purchase

Reactions: MrD
Hi mate,where did you get that ladder.....would be perfect for us to eliminate my boys standing on the seats on the way up!

Another little update.....

Couldn't get on with the BFGs, the drone/road noise was a bit too much for my liking so opted for General Grabber AT3s. Managed to get 4 part worn for £225 so decided to get some new alloys too! why not hey!

Rogue Alloy CC3.jpg

Ordered the interior last week too. Opted for the U-Shape system from Van Furniture (as discussed above with other members of this great forum)

U-Shape.png

With power being the next step, I've recently changed my mind on how to approach it. Instead of the standard set up most go for (leisure battery, EHU etc) Im going to go down the Clayton Power route (like @Dellmassive has recently shared lots of information on).
Problem is the bloody price of them lol. I will still go down the solar input route to help recharge

Back