Skip

T6 Pro
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, sorry for one of my first posts being so long but I wanted to give a full review of @CRS Performance

I collected my Silver T6 Kombi a month ago. The first thing we wanted to do was get it lowered. We were happy enough with how the standard suspension felt but wanted the van to sit lower. At first I looked at just replacing the springs but after reading forum reviews on doing this to a T32 it seemed that would have given me a potentially harsh/crashy ride. This would just be a quick fix and I would want/need to spend more money later on. Now I was going round and round in circles and could not make my mind up on what was best.

Reading the many helpful threads in this forum I noticed one person who seemed to be mentioned over and over. @CRS Performance

Everyone who had dealt with Steve seemed to have been hugely satisfied with the results and his knowledge and passion for his work was evident in all the threads he had commented on. When I checked where he was based and found it to be just 30 minutes down the road I could not believe my luck.

Contacted Steve through the forum, he replied quickly and was more than happy to help with all my questions.

Had the van booked in on Saturday. On arrival Steve is such an approachable happy guy, he instantly makes you feel welcome and comfortable. A quick cuppa and the arrival of Big Steve and they are off to work. I've decided to go with the Koni Sport Shocks with H&R Springs and H&R Spacer Adaptors. You can tell watching them work they have masses of experience in fitting these and working on Transporters.

It wasn't too long before all the parts are on and the van is back on the ground, and this is where the customer care goes through the roof! The van is sitting great but the back end is slightly higher than the front and Steve is not happy. Most places I'm sure would have sent me out the door and that would have been that and to be honest it would have been ok. Ok is not what Steve and his team do. They wanted it perfect. I was in no rush so was happy for them to try out a few adjustments to get it bang on.

After trying a few configurations out we ended up with a brand new H&R development spring fitted in the rear with an adjustable mount. The ride height is perfect and everyone is happy.

Next we take it for a spin around the block. The difference from standard VW suspension to this set up is night and day. I said to Steve I arrived in a van and left in a car. The handling is superb and is even more comfortable than before. I was honestly blown away with the results.

If anyone is looking into having suspension work done I would 100% recommend getting in touch with Steve.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, sorry for one of my first posts being so long but I wanted to give a full review of @CRS Performance

I collected my Silver T6 Kombi a month ago. The first thing we wanted to do was get it lowered. We were happy enough with how the standard suspension felt but wanted the van to sit lower. At first I looked at just replacing the springs but after reading forum reviews on doing this to a T32 it seemed that would have given me a potentially harsh/crashy ride. This would just be a quick fix and I would want/need to spend more money later on. Now I was going round and round in circles and could not make my mind up on what was best.

Reading the many helpful threads in this forum I noticed one person who seemed to be mentioned over and over. @CRS Performance

Everyone who had dealt with Steve seemed to have been hugely satisfied with the results and his knowledge and passion for his work was evident in all the threads he had commented on. When I checked where he was based and found it to be just 30 minutes down the road I could not believe my luck.

Contacted Steve through the forum, he replied quickly and was more than happy to help with all my questions.

Had the van booked in on Saturday. On arrival Steve is such an approachable happy guy, he instantly makes you feel welcome and comfortable. A quick cuppa and the arrival of Big Steve and they are off to work. I've decided to go with the Koni Sport Shocks with H&R Springs and H&R Spacer Adaptors. You can tell watching them work they have masses of experience in fitting these and working on Transporters.

It wasn't too long before all the parts are on and the van is back on the ground, and this is where the customer care goes through the roof! The van is sitting great but the back end is slightly higher than the front and Steve is not happy. Most places I'm sure would have sent me out the door and that would have been that and to be honest it would have been ok. Ok is not what Steve and his team do. They wanted it perfect. I was in no rush so was happy for them to try out a few adjustments to get it bang on.

After trying a few configurations out we ended up with a brand new H&R development spring fitted in the rear with an adjustable mount. The ride height is perfect and everyone is happy.

Next we take it for a spin around the block. The difference from standard VW suspension to this set up is night and day. I said to Steve I arrived in a van and left in a car. The handling is superb and is even more comfortable than before. I was honestly blown away with the results.

If anyone is looking into having suspension work done I would 100% recommend getting in touch with Steve.
Had mine done by @CRS Performance but with Koni’s....but I arrived in a van and left with a better well mannered sure-footed Van
but i totally agree with your review.....see you can make a silk purse out of a pigs ear :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’ve got a 204 4motion California Ocean. From new it was fitted with the sportline springs and recently I got tired of the crashy ride. I didn’t know if it would be improved by fitting the original springs but it is much better over bumps, holes etc. It’s more “vague” to drive but overall better. I also quite like the extra ride height for parking in the countryside, camp sites etc. What could I do to improve the ride/handling further but without wanting to lose much ground clearance?

I’ve got a 204 4motion California Ocean. From new it was fitted with the sportline springs and recently I got tired of the crashy ride. I didn’t know if it would be improved by fitting the original springs but it is much better over bumps, holes etc. It’s more “vague” to drive but overall better. I also quite like the extra ride height for parking in the countryside, camp sites etc. What could I do to improve the ride/handling further but without wanting to lose much ground clearance?

koni shocks will defo help the handling - have a chat with Steve and see what he recommends

Generally the poor ride you are experiencing is the shocks not really the springs , The lower ride height lessens travel and this also doesnt help but If you fit the KONI special active shocks at standard height the ride , comfort and noise levels are massively improved , Pitch under braking and body roll are all controlled better . If the Sportline springs are 30 mm it will work with them as well .

Hi all,

Skip what drop is that you ended up with? Looks like a great job by the team @CRS Performance. I pick up my T6 kombi next week and will be looking straight away to sort the ride out. Had a T5 a few years back and always thought I should have sorted the ride out early!!

Hi,

can only echo your experience and summary @Skip - mine have been on a month or so now and i'm still smiling!
Steve (and Steve) were great to deal with and the ride is so much better than i ever expected. only thing i'd do differently is get it done sooner!

My review of @CRS Performance could read exactly the same. T32 in at short notice to a Steve and delighted with the results. Koni Shocks with the H&R springs and spacers. Highly recommended to anybody wanting to improve their ride and general handling; one thing to add that I don’t see mentioned too much - the road noise comes down quite a bit too with this setup.

Steve could clarify the technical details but heading back down the M6 I had the same music on but at a considerably lower volume - not massively scientific but probably good enough!!

Steve - thanks for the customer service and cup of tea - very much appreciated.

BE29685A-23C7-45C8-9CAF-36D4C26E3D69.jpegB44323E9-93F6-44F5-A536-E7157930981A.jpeg

Hi Andy , always appreciate feed back , Our business has been built on recommendations from our customers and we never take it for granted . We strive to be the best and will continue to do that . The Kit you have is exactly the kit that shot us to fame before the days of Coil overs in The CRS household .
We do supply Coil overs now as well and after careful selection of the kits we sell , we seem to be enjoying a great reputation for that sector too now .
I have approx 50 kits arriving in the next few days so anyone reading this that has a back order for them , please get in touch asap , many thanks

OH yes ! road noise is transmitted through the shocks in to the van and a quality shock will reduce this . You are right Andy most clients notice it but rarely comment on it !!

Another shout out and thorough recommendation for Steve, amazing customer service, (does the guy sleep)!
My van on 20" wheels is oh so smooth with this syspension setup. I have kept the standard springs though:)

Back