I was just having a nosey around as you do. It looks like Osram are creating an LED H7 that is legal to use. The downside seems to be that the output is the same as the halogen equivalent. To be honest I'd buy them with the same output just so they looked a better colour. I thought they were interesting, please don't attack me because the output is the same :thumbsup:

Is anyone using them? If you are did you need one of the osram canbus adapters?

The look cool but At the end of the advert it looks like it says it's not road approved at the very bottom lol , unfortunately I think that all leds in a reflector headlight is not road legal ,if you have after market projectors then I think it's possible to install LEDs , may be wrong here and hope I am because I would love to have a set

We must be taken to a different site because I'm in Germany is see this:

20201108_080113.jpg

Screenshot_20201108-080236_Chrome.jpg

The osram website says they're working on the approval for T5 and T6. I hadn't seen the bit about LHD traffic though. I wonder why the would be legal here and no on UK roads?

20201108_080130.jpg

I have THQ V2s with their own H7 LED bulbs fitted, they make hell of a difference! My MOT is 2-years away so happy to run them until then. I ‘think’ they’ll pass, but will pop the halogen bulbs back in if there is a problem. The bulb swap in situ takes about 15-mins, and easy if you take the air filter box off to do it

I am about to order some THQ V3 for our T5.1, but I can't decide if the £130 upgrade to LED bulbs is worth it. Can anyone offer any experiences with these lights with standard bulbs vs LEDs?

Just to add... I have also been reading the 75 page THQ headlight thread, but with so much info it is tricky to determine the best set up. But from what I now understand, it sounds like the best aftermarket setup would be:

THQ V3s ordered with standard H7 dipped bulbs + the LED H1 main beam upgrade bulbs. Then fit a 4300k HID upgrade kit for the dipped bulb.

Is this correct? Would this produce a fairly evenly matched white light between the DRLs, dipped and main beam?

Last edited:
Hi, I have caravelle H7 headlights fitted. Massive improvement over the standard H4 (with Nighbreakers), but I am wondering if there are options for fitting LED bulbs? Can anyone share their experience?

My alternative is to go THQ, but they are expensive (and are they much better)?

Thanks.

Guys. Apologies if this has been asked already but what LED’s can I use for High/ Main beam that don’t throw up any errors / or need coding?

I have HQ H7 LED’s in dipped beam and want the same colour light for main beam!
(I know they are or could be an MOT failure so will swap them over for that)

Cheers

Hi, looking to upgrade my very dull headlight bulbs to LED, what are peoples recommendations please?
Cheers

Back