H4 To H7 Upgrade

I've just fitted h7 units .
Osram DRLs in but bulb out warning on . I think I can get this coded out ? If I do will it disable all bulb warnings ??

Are they LED, the Drl bulbs ?
Yes, coding is basically to switch off the bulb out warning on the dash.
Blessing I'd say! I had bulb out warning on the way to santa pod. Stopped and checked and every bulb worked. I'd rather trust my mk1 eyeballs over vw bulb out warning system.

Nor can I !
Original DRLs back in .
Can anyone recommend an LED DRLfor h7 lights that doesn't cause error?

Well its either code it to turn bulb warning off or fit a resistor inline with drl bulb wires to fool canbus into thinking its at normal load.

I've not seen any led w21w bulbs out there at present that are able to fool the bulb out warning system. Someone else may have though.

I think the technology isn't advanced enough to have the load resistors built into such a tiny bulb.

Well its either code it to turn bulb warning off or fit a resistor inline with drl bulb wires to fool canbus into thinking its at normal load.

I've not seen any led w21w bulbs out there at present that are able to fool the bulb out warning system. Someone else may have though.

I think the technology isn't advanced enough to have the load resistors built into such a tiny bulb.
I've just put H7 lights in mine today, these LED DRLs:

No warning lights so far.

Look decent enough, how do they compare in size to the standard bulb? Any issues with putting them in?

Can anyone recommend where to get a pair of H7 light assemblies other than Ebay ? Are there any websites/aftermarket companies to avoid

When I was looking I'm sure there were 3 or 4 aftermarket versions available after a good googling session

Back