H4 To H7 Upgrade

Set here on auction;
RHS DRL is intermittent, but if it is anything like mine, just needed the bulb contacts tweaking outwards to make decent contact.

And another, bit pricey at £195 delivered:
Ordered. Not happy with my thq headlights, and have tried so many different bulbs they always feel like a compromise. So for me gonna try these as a last resort. I should make the money back selling the thq headlights anyway.

The 5000K are still a bit too 'blue'. 4300K are as close to OEM xenon and the best for light output.

Sorry its a 55w, so should be 4300k at output, but still, im not a fan of the cut off of the projectors, or the indicator brightness.

A pair here, but listed separately, £180 total??

Having a mare here, what bulbs are needed for the indicators on these h7 headlights? the seller had removed both and thats the only thing i didnt chcek before refitting the bumper

Awesome! I ordered the bulbs just before you'd posted, and had to get them from vw. Next thing is alignment.

I maxed out the screws on the headlight, but both dipped and full still seemed very low. If I remember rightly, there's a bolt on the bottom that would lift the whole headlight up?

Anyone checked how much a set of H7 lights cost new from VW these days? @dubber36 in your experience are the THQ V3 really a bad choice versus a set of VW H7?

My Velle came with H7s. I thought they were about as good as any car I'd had with similar reflector headlights. At the time I had just come from an Amarok, and also had a Tiguan, both of which had bi-xenons. The H7s just didn't have the main beam range of the xenons.

What I also wanted was fancy DRL and a white, modern looking light. I didn't want sequential indicators, so bought a set of V1s with LED bulbs. The LED dipped beams were rubbish. Unless it was really dark, it was hard to know they were on. They gave a crisp white light, but it got washed out by oncoming headlights. I must have tried half a dozen different LED and halogen bulbs before buying the HIDs. I'd had LED main beam bulbs in other halogen cars, so tried them. They gave the range that was close to the bi-xenons in the Tiguan.

Now as far as I'm aware, V1s, 2s and 3s all use the same dipped projector and main beam reflector, so you'll get the same results from each with the right choice of bulb. What I personally don't like about the V3s is how dim the DRLs and indicators are. I see them out on the road and the DRLs really do look like they are dimmed as side lights and in some lights the indicators are barely visible.

H7s are a huge improvement over H4s. The rest is up to you.

My Velle came with H7s. I thought they were about as good as any car I'd had with similar reflector headlights. At the time I had just come from an Amarok, and also had a Tiguan, both of which had bi-xenons. The H7s just didn't have the main beam range of the xenons.

What I also wanted was fancy DRL and a white, modern looking light. I didn't want sequential indicators, so bought a set of V1s with LED bulbs. The LED dipped beams were rubbish. Unless it was really dark, it was hard to know they were on. They gave a crisp white light, but it got washed out by oncoming headlights. I must have tried half a dozen different LED and halogen bulbs before buying the HIDs. I'd had LED main beam bulbs in other halogen cars, so tried them. They gave the range that was close to the bi-xenons in the Tiguan.

Now as far as I'm aware, V1s, 2s and 3s all use the same dipped projector and main beam reflector, so you'll get the same results from each with the right choice of bulb. What I personally don't like about the V3s is how dim the DRLs and indicators are. I see them out on the road and the DRLs really do look like they are dimmed as side lights and in some lights the indicators are barely visible.

H7s are a huge improvement over H4s. The rest is up to you.
Thanks for the info.

Back