H4 To H7 Upgrade

I bought a rear LED light from Eurowagens. It was OEM, so no issues. OEM headlights are Valeo, so as long as you choose RHD, you'll be sorted.

Bargain set, but cracked and one bracket missing on each:

Bargain set, but cracked and one bracket missing on each:
Thanks but I am replacing cracked and fogging H4 so would like 'good condition'

Reactions: CAB
Hi @steve-r , welcome to the forum!
Has anyone got experience of aftermarket H7 T6 lights like these:
That Ebay set are £ 207 delivered, but bulbs extra? Need 5 each side, so it adds up, but you could get uprated bulbs.

Or for not too much more I could go genuine at a place like this:

That's £300? What is delivery? Does it include bulbs?

You will eventually get a 2nd hand set on Ebay or on Facebook marketplace if you are patient for half that.

Hi @steve-r , welcome to the forum!

That Ebay set are £ 207 delivered, but bulbs extra? Need 5 each side, so it adds up, but you could get uprated bulbs.

That's £300? What is delivery? Does it include bulbs?

You will eventually get a 2nd hand set on Ebay or on Facebook marketplace if you are patient for half that.
Thanks @CAB for the welcome. Lots to learn! Had a T6 since the spring which I use for camping and towing a horse box. All within limits but at the weight top end. As I have experienced, the H4s are terrible on country lanes hence the search for an upgrade. After reading many pages of the forum I will go for H7 with upgraded bulbs. I'll set up some search notifications on ebay and wait!

That might be an age thing. I'm pretty sure they worked in my 68 plate, but not in my 19. Things changed a bit for MY19. The old VCDS wouldn't work with it for starters, meaning I had to can a new HEX V2 lead.

Either way, the warning light can be turned off when you do the main beam coding.

That might be an age thing. I'm pretty sure they worked in my 68 plate, but not in my 19. Things changed a bit for MY19. The old VCDS wouldn't work with it for starters, meaning I had to can a new HEX V2 lead.

Either way, the warning light can be turned off when you do the main beam coding.
yeh could be mines a 17 plate , I will turn it off just got the OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter on order so I will have a go then.
The lights were easy to fit so thats a bonus.

It could be that the warning light was still on from having the ignition turned on with no bulb in? The next time the ignition is turned on and the bulb is present, the van will be happy again.

Back