H4 To H7 Upgrade

This might be a good option. Are you able to save the current config before making changes?

Also which version is best?
OBDeleven keeps track of your coding/adaptation changes so everything will be documented - makes it easy to revert to old settings. Actually Full Scan makes also a backup.
OBDhistory_1a.png

Purchase options:

OBDeleven keeps track of your coding/adaptation changes so everything will be documented - makes it easy to revert to old settings. Actually Full Scan makes also a backup.
View attachment 88085

Purchase options:

Amazing stuff. Have bought one which should be arriving Friday. Has anyone got the info available for me to follow to activate the Dipped & High option using the OBDeleven.

Also, thanks for all the help so far. The members on this forum are superb.

@Loz great idea which I will do as may help others but I need to get mine sorted sooner so will probably buy the Ross-Tech. Not sure how long Carista change would take to update software.

Update: I have sent @Don Carista a message will see if this can be added to Carista.

Anyone with VCDS knowledge of HEX-V2 before I waste money would be appreciated.

Hi, just wondered if you ever heard whether this was ever added to Carista? Looking to get the full/dipped beam coded and I have a Carista, so if I could do it on there it would save me any additional expense or faff!

Thanks.

Just wondered where anyone would recommend purchasing the H7 headlights from nowadays now the forum shop doesn't exist.

Are these them: VW T6 Transporter H7 headlight upgrade kit with Osram Nightbreaker Laser bulbs and LED side / DRL ?

Thanks.
Certainly looks like it but I didn't check the part numbers. An easy way to tell is too look at the inside reflector pattern. The H4 has a grid pattern and the H7 has clear vertical stripes. The sidelights are also below the headlight. When you look at units on eBay or wherever you can tell the difference even if they don't post part numbers.
Very happy with my H7 conversion, much better than the H4 at night and not as expensive as LED.

Eurowagens are usually a good supplier for the H7 headlights.

Sadly out of stock at the moment.

Very happy with my H7 conversion, much better than the H4 at night and not as expensive as LED.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

Fitted some upgraded H7 bulbs at the same time. Much better than the original H4 units (beam pattern is much improved as is light output) and only cost ~£360 at the time.

Just wondered where anyone would recommend purchasing the H7 headlights from nowadays now the forum shop doesn't exist.

Are these them: VW T6 Transporter H7 headlight upgrade kit with Osram Nightbreaker Laser bulbs and LED side / DRL ?

Thanks.
If your feeling lucky?

If your feeling lucky?

Thanks, guys. I've ordered the ones from deutsche-parts, which come with upgraded bulbs too... so I'll see what they're like. Fingers crossed!

Fitted today - thankfully the rain held off long enough. So far so good. Just need the VCDS doing now to keep them both on.

Question: what does everyone do with their H4 headlight units they've removed?:rolleyes:

Actually... bums. Just been for a drive and I have a warning light on. Valeo lights from Deutsche-parts fitted with all Osram bulbs that were supplied with it. Night breakers in the full and dipped beams, and LED DRLs and side lights. All put back together properly as far as I know.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks.

116FBCFD-1366-4341-ACD5-B21E31479170.jpeg

I’d say it’s the LED DRLs or sidelights. The filament Osrams shouldn’t cause an issue.

The bulb warning can be coded out with VCDS.

Yeah it's gone off now, thanks. Must have just needed a bit of time to sort itself out.

And old H4's ... does everyone just scrap them? Guess no one would want them?

Yeah it's gone off now, thanks. Must have just needed a bit of time to sort itself out.

And old H4's ... does everyone just scrap them? Guess no one would want them?
I have LEDs in my DRLs and sometimes when the voltage was low, I’d get the bulb out light. Start for a couple of mins and back off and on, and it’d go. It’d then pop up if the voltage dropped from being parked up for a day or two.

I eventually got a helpful forum member to switch off bulb monitoring.

Back