OBD Eleven and Credits

Urbanfox

Bri
T6 Guru
Just how does the credit system work on OBD 11. How do you get credits that are worthwhile as I see some functions/apps cost 100.
So How much do they cost if you have to buy them? I think you get 1 per day free, but that ain't much.

Does the below answer your question? -- at Digital Content
I have looked at the Pro and its about as clear as mud!!!! So, no, can't see the answer there. I can't see where it gives any info on renewing credits and how to obtain them. OK, you get 200 with the pro license but what do you do after that? I may have missed something, So a clear and concise explanation of how the OBD eleven system works re credits would be very helpful.
Thanks Bri

Probably can't give clear and concise explanation but anyways I'll try not to confuse even more.

Perhaps the easiest way to obtain the credits is within the ODEleven application - after you have purchased, activated and are logged into your Pro account. The app takes you to Google Play Store for the payment and go from there.
EDIT: Actually I'm not sure that you even need the Pro account (the 24.99€ activation thingy) for this.
OBD11-Wallet-Credits.png
I'd guess you can do essentially the same through purchasing at website - the credits will be linked into your Pro account.
----

The credits are needed to use so called "Apps" within OBDeleven. The Apps which are just "one click functions" to code or adapt things. For the nerds using Apps there is no additional value. Everything can be done using coding and/or adaptations of the control modules themselves.

Then re T6 - at the moment there are not many Apps for T6 (just 4+2). Actually I'm not sure if any of them works on T6 - except the oil service and inspection service resets - of course. But as they can be reset using MFSW/stalk buttons not much added value there.
OBD11-T6-Apps-Adjustments.png
OBD11-T6-Apps-Workshop.png

The above applies also to T6.1 - at the moment.
----

However, for more modern platforms than T6 there are more Apps already available, e.g. even old Golf (MY2014) more than 70 Apps. But again - doable through codings and adaptations.
----

Anyways, the Apps is just a glimpse of OBDeleven's capabilities. The real power is in other areas...
OBD11 1-a Engine Full Menu_a.png
OBD11 1-c Engine Faults Details_a.png
OBD11 1-d Engine Live Data_a.png
OBD11 1-e Readiness_a.png
etc, etc,...

And, just a glimpse (1 of 3 screens) of deep waters of T6 EU6 diesel engine functions - probably not everyone's cup of tea :oops:.
OBD11-01-Basic settings-1of3.png

Last edited:
Credits are not required at all

The only purpose of credits is to get the machine to do things for you, often a retrofit or some other change requires multiple coding steps to complete so instead of logging into several control unit and performing various coding changes you can use 'credits' and use an 'app' to perform all changes at the click of a button

Credits are not required at all

The only purpose of credits is to get the machine to do things for you, often a retrofit or some other change requires multiple coding steps to complete so instead of logging into several control unit and performing various coding changes you can use 'credits' and use an 'app' to perform all changes at the click of a button
So you just need to buy the device off the obdeleven website €44.83? Then if you’re happy with coding (?) you can do everything for free? Are there any other/cheaper OBD2 devices that work with the obdeleven app?

So you just need to buy the device off the obdeleven website €44.83? Then if you’re happy with coding (?) you can do everything for free? Are there any other/cheaper OBD2 devices that work with the obdeleven app?
Just the device = Basic features = No Coding, no adaptation.

The device + Pro Activation (24.99€) = "More with Pro" = "Everything"

1592052730114.png

OBDeleven is cloud-based service so Internet connection is needed. The app does not work on any other OBD device.

1592053604827.png

For T6 codings I would trust in the T6Forum.com ;) Actually quite a few codings originated from OBDeleven Forum have been adopted here:

Dedicated OBDeleven Forum for T6 can be found here:
Thank's for the links.
Are there any recommendations on which OBD Eleven to buy? Don't want to pay over £100 or I may as well go the whole hog and get VCDS on the 3 vin.

Last edited:
If we stick with T6 (or T6.1) the meaningful packages would be:

Either

(A) PRO license Activation (24.99€) + OBDeleven device (39.99€=just the device (previous generation)).
This package is for Android only!

1592136806023.png1592137056418.png

or

(B) PRO license Activation (24.99€) + Starter Pack (69.99€= just the device).
1592136806023.png1592136833573.png

or

(C) PRO pack (99.99€ - includes PRO license activation) - which is essentially the same as (B) + more "credits".
1592137219535.png

Worth noting that the PRO license is the key thing - it will work on any OBDeleven device. The license is not VIN limited.

Another worth to note is that Golf MY20 is based on a new architecture and is not yet supported (even not by VCDS).

I've got the (A) - as the next generation device wasn't available back then.

Last edited:
Golf 8 is a whole new ball game, it only works with new VAS interfaces and requires online connection to the mothership for coding/changes beyond the basics

Golf 8 is a whole new ball game, it only works with new VAS interfaces and requires online connection to the mothership for coding/changes beyond the basics

so they say

A322AE81-EE61-4B07-B0BC-0208E4F835BC.jpeg

I did a bit more digging on Golf 8 and it looks like it’s only advanced coding/adaptions (like flashing or basic settings etc) that need online connection
Modules are ‘locked’ and must be unlocked before certain functions can be carried out

Reactions: mmi
Hello! Still wrapping my head around the credits system. Do you spend credits to ”install“ the apps, or every time you use the apps?

Every time when you use the app - e.g. for "Oil service reset" you need 10 credits for each reset.

However all the functionality of the apps can be done "manually" - just involves more steps & some know-how ;) as mentioned above https://t6forum.com/threads/obd-eleven-and-credits.19676/post-269654
Thanks! I want to try the folding mirror thing when I lock the van. So let’s say I spend x credits for that. What if the following week I want to turn that off, does that spend credits?

EDIT : Okay I think I get it - so you spend credits every time you run a sequence of program/coding - so in theory if I want to enable and disable a functionality (like mirrors dipping in reverse), I would spend the credit cost twice right?

Thanks! I want to try the folding mirror thing when I lock the van. So let’s say I spend x credits for that. What if the following week I want to turn that off, does that spend credits?

EDIT : Okay I think I get it - so you spend credits every time you run a sequence of program/coding - so in theory if I want to enable and disable a functionality (like mirrors dipping in reverse), I would spend the credit cost twice right?
Yes - that would charge you again - so total of 2x credits - for nothing in this case :rolleyes:

Thanks for this thread - I'd been looking at what system to use and had assumed that the credits would "buy" the one click app. That seems intuitive as many of the options are a bit "marmite" and you need to try them both ways for a bit to see what suits.

One Click Action might have been a more accurate term, as would a clearer explanation that it is pay per click. The lack of clarity is really off putting personally.

Back