Had my 2017 t6 less than 24hrs and battery flat twice ,called dealer then vw assist (AA man ) who new all about the issue with the moll battery diagnosed it before he opened bonnet, says the dealers know all about it as well but weirdly my dealer was surprised !!!!
why do they do that ? they clearly know of this issue but act ignorant
i have a photo of the AA guys meter that reads - replace battery and ill get another next week
these things happen items can fail its all down to how vw deal with it in my book

Currently sat in a cold van waiting for VW to send someone to help me. It appears the battery has gone flat and now the van won’t start. I was sitting in the van (engine off but ignition turned so radio playing) waiting for a friend for about 30 mins (40 max) and got a message saying ‘12v battery low infotainment system turning off’. Tried to start the engine and nothing happening. I’ve just finished a 40 mile trip so it’s not like the battery hasn’t been charged. I drive a VW caddy for work and regularly sit with the radio on for over 30 mins and never had a problem. The T6 has only done 8600 miles! Not impressed at all.

If it has a Mol battery they are being replaced by VW, the assist guy may be able to do this for you..

Keep us posted.

How old is the van?

Another one!

VW need to be organising a recall!

There are a number of threads on this .............. and I've suffered the same issue ........... VW will claim there isn't a "known" problem ............ but there is .......... don't be fobbed off with "the battery isn't covered by the warranty"

Alright lads. Update. Thanks for the offer for a cuppa but I’m home and dry now thank god. I was parked right next to a traveller site in Middlesbrough when I broke down so I’m sure I could have knocked on a caravan door and received a warm welcome. VW commercial sent out the AA who confirmed it was a flat battery. Van is 67 reg and as I mentioned less that 9k on the clock and had just done 40+ mile journey. I was sitting listening to the radio and key must have been turned in ignition (although I didn’t have engine running) and my headlight switch was set to Auto, all I can think is that maybe the lights switched from DLR to dipped beams as the daylight faded and I didn’t need notice. But what a silly design nowadays, for how complicated and ‘intelligent’ the new VWs are I can’t believe it let itself go flat. Maybe I am blaming the van here when it’s my fault but at least give me a dash light when the dipped beams are activated. The lad from the AA also heard a ‘cheeping’ noise from driver side wheel arch area and said it’s a fault with the auxillery belt tensioner which should get fixed under warranty as it’s a known problem. Cheers again lads

Best you start carrying jump leads... this is exactly what mine started doing

Is it’s Moll battery?

That is a little odd.
My old 2006 5 Series would cut everything off if it detected the battery getting too low to restart. I too would of assumed that a 2017 VW would have this feature to.

Hi Loz. Van is booked in for January. Lass on the phone said they need the van for two days to test the battery. Hopefully they replace it and don’t fob my off (no pun intended). They’re also going to look at the belt tensioner as it’s squeaking

Two days to test the battery!! I think not - more like 90minutes.
Be aware that there is a lead time on the replacement batteries - I had mine replaced about 4 weeks ago and the delay at that time was about 6 workings days.

Two days to test the battery!! I think not - more like 90minutes.
Be aware that there is a lead time on the replacement batteries - I had mine replaced about 4 weeks ago and the delay at that time was about 6 workings days.
They said they need to charge it for 12 hours and then monitor it?

VW wont accept any warranty claim from a dealer unless they do a full charge/discharge test so 2 days seems to be the norm for this (not that i think its necessary)

Back