Starter battery constantly draining

i recon it is starter batt the one i took out of the T6 seems to be settling at about 12.3v and started fine this morn.
the dodgy t6.1 one that is now in the T6 was low 1st thing this morn, but i put van outside yesterday and the solar charger in the Ctek250se bumped it back up to 13v by late morn. so it might be that if i put a ctek in the T6.1 as well that could solve the probs but i will also get the battery tested to see what its like.
If the battery is failing, you need to replace it, fitting solar charging will only mask the problem. However, solar may be effective in providing a maintenance charge and preventing the batteries becoming discharged due to a lack of use.

Had batter tested and it is showing as duff.
VW say they have to do tests and get read outs from van to make sure its nothing i have done before they will warranty it! i said what can you do with a starter battery its just there, it either works or it doesnt.
Had it in for same prob 6 months back and they said nothing wrong, so it was failing within 18months and 7000miles.

Very much reminds me of the battery that came with our new van. Never showed a voltage much above 11.8v on the Sarjent charger unit and I just assumed that was normal. Did seem to start OK, but failed in a spectacular fashion after 12 months as we were about to go on a ferry. Got push started, spent the night crapping myself that it wouldn't start in the morning ( which, thankfully, it did). I was convinced that it couldn't possibly be the battery because it was so new. Had fuses blow when it refused to start, so again convinced myself it was down to something other than the battery. Anyway, died on a permanent basis rather fortuitously in the car park of a French hypermarket where there was an entire aisle of replacement batteries. No more than a 10 minute job to replace. Immediate 12.4v, and 2 years on not a hint of a problem. Moral: never assume something works properly just because its new........

Well after 3 days in the dealership they have confirmed it was a duff battery! not sure how long it took in technician time to confirm that.
i had had it tested prior and local garage and was told it was dud.
anyway new battery under warranty.

Back