External 240v hook-up options?

Deaky, do you have the part numbers to the CU and which fuses you used?

Sorry for the late reply, quite busy doing renovations in our house.. Yes, cabinet hinges indeed. I glued some extra plastic to the actual cover to make it a bit stronger with 2 component resin glue (as seen in the youtube video mentioned above somewhere), and before glueing the plastic to the cover made some holes in it, and put already bolts through them)

Good thing with the cabinet hinges is that they automatically stay closed

On my old T5.1, I put the EHU receiver under the bonnet by the battery! From inside the van, on the passenger side under the glovebox, reach up and you’ll feel a grommet. Take that out and slip it over the cable....push the cable through and it will magically appear by the battery ready for the EHU connector to be wired on!

I think I striped out some earth cable from the arctic flex and used that.

Do you also have links to the waterproof grommets/compression glands?
Is it still easy enough to route the additional cables through the bulkhead?

Which chargers are people using with the 240 hook up? I've got the CTEK250ES on the DC-DC side and would like another CTEK to do my charging. I've got some cteks trickle charging my bikes and they work well, so i'll stick with that brand for now. But theres the MXS5, mx7, the CT5 etc etc. I think my bike ones are older versions of the CT5. Would another one of these be ok?

Was away for 3 nights last week and destroyed a electricial cable running the mains in through the front door to run a heater and dehumidifier.

There's no way im cutting a standard hole in the side of the van as its not a camper and I don't want it to look like one, I already have a anderson socket under the light on the rear of the vehicle (passengers side) and I've got the rear heating along with lots of glue and carpet in the drivers side so no room there.

Only options I can think of are trying to make us of the add blue fill point (im EU5 so just blanked) or under the bonnet to get the power in. Once the power is in im not sure where id put the CU as under the passengers seat is full with lighting controllers and the factory second battery. Under the drives set is unused but im planning to put a Webasto under there so im a little flumexed.

Id like to have a pair of battery chargers / maintainers for the starter and leisure and a plug socket on the rear of each seat base for the heater and dehumidifier when used.

Any suggestions?

You can run it through the front door, cable needs to go near the front part of the door below the hinges where the door shut /van body has a curve.

If you have it dangling down just anywhere then it really pinches.

If its a UK cable I believe they are a lot thicker than euro cables so may also be the cause.

Im Looking at getting a hook up and some sockets installed in my day van.
does anyone know the total cost roughly? Need to prioritise a few to dos... and budget.

I'm looking at options on mounting the consumer unit. I plan to run two 240v sockets and 1 battery charger off 6amp and 10 amp RCBO's. I like the under bonnet solution as to me it offers a shorter run of unprotected cable from the inlet to the consumer unit but the downside being two cable runs through the firewall. Am I being paranoid and having the consumer unit under the passenger seat is the better way to go?

Back