External 240v hook-up options?

Wiring up the 240 volt consumer unit ?? do you run a seperate earth wire to the van body ?? looked in search nothing showed

Thanks once again , next ?? CTEK 250 se connecting the piggy back lead to the fuse box under the dash , what size fuse to feed the wire for the ignition live feed , the thin red wire

Wiring up the 240 volt consumer unit ?? do you run a seperate earth wire to the van body ??
...and remember that your van sits on rubber, the only 'earth' comes down the hook-up cable, so make it a good one... :)

Will do today or tomorrow ;-)
It really is a basic hinge. I did it more or less like the guy in this Youtube clip, it is very easy if you prepare your stuff in advance:

A Dremel is very handy for cutting the plastic. It was a bit a strange feeling, starting cutting, knowing the only way back is a new panel. For glueing the plexi inside I used 2 component glue (epoxy), seems to hold up well. The hinge is screwed to the car, and to the plexi plate (bolt goes through the plexi plate before glueing to the door, so you can always screw on or screw off the panel again).

For the hinge, test it first (ideal is if the hinge opens up a bit, so the little door doesn't touch the side too much when opening. For this, try first before glueing...

For the cable, I lead it through the rubber of the light, so I didn't have to make an extra hole in the frame, and then from there to a main fuse (style like in a house, can be put on or off), and from there further to a priority box (used for choosing between 240 from the car or from the mains) and a battery charger.

The surface is not very smooth, as I dremeled out the surface a bit... As the inside of the door is not visible, I just painted it black and left it like this.
View attachment 65389 View attachment 65388

Quite a simple solution really.
I've used these hinges a few times on MDF doors and are actually pretty useful for certain applications.

Do you think one is adequate or would it be worth adapting to take two?

Personally I'd much rather go down the stealth option as opposed to sticking an outlet on the side of the van.

Cheers

Hi could you show me where your hook up point is fitted please on your T6 with barn doors, looking for suggestions.:cool::cool:

I've got nothing useful to add, but many years ago my dad had a Lincoln Continental and the fuel filler was behind the rear number plate. It wasn't self-serve back then, how we used to laugh when we told the guy to 'fill her up' and then watch him hunting around for the petrol cap.

That is where I'd want my van to hook up to the mains. :laugh:

Mine lives under the bonnet along with these other ones above. Definitely recommend it near the battery. Keeps it clean and the bonnet will still close with the cable hanging down.

the fuse board lives under the passenger seat.

66C325A0-4928-45B6-86C2-28401F21B267.jpeg

Mine i under the rear bumper - fitted it last weekend. There because it would exceed the 2m max distance from plug-in to fuse box (my fuse box is at the very back) just inside the tailgate. Can send pictures if needs be.

Back