External 240v hook-up options?

mhill

Security industry
T6 Guru
Was away for 3 nights last week and destroyed a electricial cable running the mains in through the front door to run a heater and dehumidifier.

There's no way im cutting a standard hole in the side of the van as its not a camper and I don't want it to look like one, I already have a anderson socket under the light on the rear of the vehicle (passengers side) and I've got the rear heating along with lots of glue and carpet in the drivers side so no room there.

Only options I can think of are trying to make us of the add blue fill point (im EU5 so just blanked) or under the bonnet to get the power in. Once the power is in im not sure where id put the CU as under the passengers seat is full with lighting controllers and the factory second battery. Under the drives set is unused but im planning to put a Webasto under there so im a little flumexed.

Id like to have a pair of battery chargers / maintainers for the starter and leisure and a plug socket on the rear of each seat base for the heater and dehumidifier when used.

Any suggestions?

My only concern with putting the FBH under the vehicle is that I'm off road a fair bit and concerned about filling it full of mud & crap. Or am I being a tit?

Essex Suffolk boarder but don't mind a drive for the right job ant a sensible price.

@mhill, have a look at the gallery of these guys ref the heater under van fitment.. Think I'll be getting them to do mine.. Leaves under drivers seat free, might want to drop them a line to make sure what your thinking/have got would work in with future plans ref heater?

Camper van heating gallery

I had a T4 and hid the electric hook up behind a rear reflector that easily popped on and off. Is there anywhere to get a stealth 240v camping hook up into a T6? I don't mind crawling under the van or going under bonnet. Just can't find anywhere except a cable out of the window.

Under the bonnet is best. Mount on the front of the scuttle panel. Depending on model you might have to fashion a bracket if you have all the pipework in the way. Underneath the van is not good. Difficult to mount securely and will eventually fill with water.

How will i know that i have located the scuttle box, please? Just googled it but got pictures of Victorian coal scuttles!

Mine is sitting in front of my battery under the Bonnet but I didnt bother screwing it into anything as it can't go anywhere. I just open the bonnet, connect the cable then close the bonnet again with the cable hanging out

Mines just behind the rear bumper. Nicely tucked away.
I've got mine behind the bumper as well, but you can see them and I'm starting to think they look a bit naff. Are yours right up so you can't see them? As mine are mounted to the underside of the floor.

That under bonnet is great idea. But how/where are you getting through the bulkhead, and terminating in an outlet where?

I've got mine behind the bumper as well, but you can see them and I'm starting to think they look a bit naff. Are yours right up so you can't see them? As mine are mounted to the underside of the floor.

Mines is tucked under where that square badge is on the rear. You can't see it when looking at the van. You have to get on your hands & knees to see it and plus the buggar in.. I can take a pic tomorrow if you need.
fullsizeoutput_f.jpeg

Back