External 240v hook-up options?

@andythom188 , @DaveyB , just emailed the salesman at dealers as it forms formal notification of the issue.. He phoned me within 5 minutes and went "oh shite".. Will let me know when to take it in, to say he wasn't happy is an understatement.. He is having a chat with his boss..
So I guess it's a case of your dealer sub-contracting the job out? Your contract is with the dealer hence why you've gone straight to them?

@DaveyB , yep, needed it adapted and lined out, they do the lining to the vans using a local converter, appeared on the bill and payment went to them, they then settled up with the converter.. So went to them as he's their subcontractor as far as I see it, as it was part of the sale... Need them to look at as affects the vw warranty as well, so is out of converters hands.. But he is liable through defective workmanship..

Blimey, really looking forward to reading what the whole issue purports to.

Please do, very intrigued.
You get a lot of this dealers sub contracting work out to conversion company's.
The vw Wrexham branch sending panel vans to a local converter in my home town for full camper conversion for customers

@T6 Dave - This looks a very neat arrangement for your suggestion of placing the electric hook up under a panel below the rear lights. The picture is from Cameron McNeish's test report on Jerba's Cromarty campervan. His report can be found at:
www.cameronmcneish.wix.com/cameronmcneish
or the link from:
Cameron McNeish tests our Cromarty campervan - Jerba Campervans

View attachment 7155
@DaveyB, now that you have refitted your 240 hookup, here is an alternative on a T6 ;).

@Richard just a heads up ,if you have side scan the sensors are behind these rear bumper sections.
Good luck with your install. Mines under the hood. ( bonnet )

@Stampie66 Thanks for the heads-up but I haven't specified Lane Change Assist so assume that side scan sensors are not fitted. When I saw the picture last night, I thought that it was a more elegant place for the hookup than the off-side panel where it is usually placed (and I expect mine is/will be fitted by the converter).

@Fish I would say that there must be because that is a T6 :). Check out the review on the author's link :unsure:. Might be worth contacting the converters, but they look to be stock parts with the socket being an elbow fitment ;).

Theres quite a bit of space behind the foglight cover, obviously directly behind it is the rear of the foglight unit but around it there is a reasonable amount of space where im sure you could figure out a mounting solution but think you would have to have it fitted in a particular orientation to get it screwed in, not sure going through the foglight cover would be good for anything other than occasional use, every foglight cover i have taken off a T6 has been an absolute bitch to get in/out so i would suggest a cutout/hinged section would be better IMO

Hi there,

Are there any threads on any T6's how too's on how to hide the 240V connector under the tail light blanking plate or for that matter under the blanking plate below the fuel/ad blue port.

It seems like these could be used, but as my van is away I cannot investigate if any of these panels are even removable.

I see one company does it for their vans SHADOW CUSTOMS Limited but they are T5's not T6's

Also found this link http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1588877#post1588877

Any thoughts on any ingenious solutions for these two panels ? my google powers are letting me down.

Thanks
Paul

Last edited:
Back