EGR flexi-pipe: Exhaust Fumes In Cab, Hissing From Engine Bay.

h Hello everyone, I got a fault in the box, I have passed the OBD and it says that it is a fault of the EGR sensor. Tomorrow I'm going to check the tube, has it given you faults in the instrument panel? thank you

h Hello everyone, I got a fault in the box, I have passed the OBD and it says that it is a fault of the EGR sensor. Tomorrow I'm going to check the tube, has it given you faults in the instrument panel? thank you
I have heard hissing sound. There was no fault message. Probably if you drive long enough and the crack gets bigger ther will be a warning.

I'm pretty sure I have this issue on my 150tdi DSG. A noise which sounds like a boost leak at idle/under acceleration, more prominent wheel the engine is cold. A smell when starting the van outside but not inside. Had a quick look at the rear EGR flexi and I can see some soot deposits on the ribs. Engine is hot at the moment so can't get my hands in there to take a picture/check for a leak.

2018 150tdi DSG caravelle on 43k miles.

Can't get my phone back far enough to see the split but I'm guessing the soot would only be there due to a split.

PXL_20230727_123034824.MP.jpg

Common fault. Easy to replace and VW now use a modified/improved part.
You say that, but a couple of posts from caravelle owners seem to contradict that... :rofl:

The pipe is hiding here somewhere... Can you see it?
PXL_20230727_140905776.jpg

There it is!
PXL_20230727_140905776~2.jpg

I'm guessing that's the DSG oil cooler and pipe just below it (with pipe above), not forgetting the spaghetti of coolant pipes on a caravelle!

The part plus bolts is £165 online from what I can see so I might get VW to do it, it needs to go in for the DSG service anyway.

VW assist guy done mine from top side in about 20mins. (Rear pipe)

I have exactly the same problem on my T6 Caravelle. VW said they can swap just the pipe but the engine management light has also just come on. Checked on the Autel and these are the faults

IMG_8685.jpeg

Is this anything to do with this or do I need an EGR swap or flush?

Thanks

Looks like 3 seperate issued.

Inlet runner stuck.

Dpf flow rate.

EGR flow rate.

Then a split pipe leaking gas.

Looks like that van might need some attention.

You in warranty?

Looks like some of that may relate to carbon build up.

Had my Caravelle booked in at a local independent VW garage for this today, along with the DSG oil change but they've just rang and said the 1.5hrs they'd allocated for replacing the pipe isn't going to be enough, when they got it up on the lift they could see it's a massive pain to get to. DSG filter ideally needs to come off to get to it, so they'll do both at the same time. Need to rebook it to make sure they have enough time to do it.

Going in from above isn't an option, I can barely get my hands in there, let alone any tools.

Had my Caravelle booked in at a local independent VW garage for this today, along with the DSG oil change but they've just rang and said the 1.5hrs they'd allocated for replacing the pipe isn't going to be enough, when they got it up on the lift they could see it's a massive pain to get to. DSG filter ideally needs to come off to get to it, so they'll do both at the same time. Need to rebook it to make sure they have enough time to do it.

Going in from above isn't an option, I can barely get my hands in there, let alone any tools.
I've got a DSG and it took the guy 20 minutes to do mine, sounds like they are trying it on a bit.

I've got a DSG and it took the guy 20 minutes to do mine, sounds like they are trying it on a bit.
DSG Caravelle? You can't get it to it from the top on a Caravelle due to the plethora of coolant pipes. Non-Caravelle's don't have these pipes.

PXL_20230727_140905776~2.jpg

Back