Had a very pleasant chat with Steve @CRS Performance this morning. As a consequence, I have now ordered ( 2016 T6 / T32 / 4Motion ) Koni Sports Shocks + 50mm Lowering Springs + H&R Hub Centric Spacers (20mm front and 25mm out back). My goal is handling / comfort, and aesthetics in that order. I'm running standard 17" Devonports at present. Should look far better when the arches are filled out. I shall contemplate the LV-1 Leighton alloys when the new colours are released.

Would just like to thank everyone for all their posts, photos and intell. on this front. This forum is a gold mine of information. Had I lived nearer CRS, Bognor, Leigthon etc I would have used them for fitting. I'm up in Aberdeen so now looking for a local garage that won't turn their nose up at fitting parts they haven't sourced. Have driven well sorted hot hatches all my life so looking forward to banishing the corner wallow on my van ( especially noticeable on an unladen T32 ..)

Thanks,
Cal
Hi Cal,

I'm in a similar boat you were in back when this thread was going - Kombi T32 with 78,000 miles old OEM suspension and doing my homework on what to replace it with. Looks like I'll be going with something from CRS after reading so much on this forum and emails with Steve.

Question is how did you get on with fitting (i'm in Elgin so will get them fitted locally) and what is your impression after having the KONI's on for a while.

I've been reading a lot of good stuff on KW and KONI so have to make a choice and pay my money...

Cheers

Euan

Are you handy with tools? Its fairly easy to fit T32 suspension to be honest so any decent garage will handle it no bother if you cant do it yourself.

Are you handy with tools? Its fairly easy to fit T32 suspension to be honest so any decent garage will handle it no bother if you cant do it yourself.
Should be - years of working on aircraft. Nowadays its a ratio of how much I can be bothered Vs how much it'll cost. Might do the rears myself, I'd no dpopubt need some bew tools for doing the front (spring compressers etc). Doing it on the drive isnt much fun either.

Hi Cal,

I'm in a similar boat you were in back when this thread was going - Kombi T32 with 78,000 miles old OEM suspension and doing my homework on what to replace it with. Looks like I'll be going with something from CRS after reading so much on this forum and emails with Steve.

Question is how did you get on with fitting (i'm in Elgin so will get them fitted locally) and what is your impression after having the KONI's on for a while.

I've been reading a lot of good stuff on KW and KONI so have to make a choice and pay my money...

Cheers

Euan
There isnt really a shoot out between these two products the KONI are by far better quality and more refined dampers but we use the KW for the customers who want a little lower than normally done with Koni shocks . Hence we offer complete solutions to every one Not just the super low customers .

There are traders on here who place more importance on coil overs than is deserved ( its all they sell so you can expect that )
The KONI dampers are the most sophisticated shocks on the market BAR NONE

Therefore if you dont want too low use the \KONI dampers for sure !!!

What springs would you marry the Koni shocks up with on a T32, lowered by 30-50mm, non camper but a reasonably frequent caravan tower?

The past 6 months I’ve really struggled with the harsh ride, after 4.5 years and 35,000 miles my B14’s have definitely sagged and are now so ridiculously low creating an awful ride.

They’ve given good service, but it’s time to change them for something more comfortable.

The past 6 months I’ve really struggled with the harsh ride, after 4.5 years and 35,000 miles my B14’s have definitely sagged and are now so ridiculously low creating an awful ride.

They’ve given good service, but it’s time to change them for something more comfortable.
My mates got a set of h &r fitted by crs complete with new top mounts, he’s removed them as he wanted lower so he’s gone solows, they’re £900 on face book his names Phil grant

My mates got a set of h &r fitted by crs complete with new top mounts, he’s removed them as he wanted lower so he’s gone solows, they’re £900 on face book his names Phil grant
Thanks for that, not 100% sure I want coilovers this time around, I’ve never adjusted mine in 4.5 years.

I paid CRS a visit at the beginning of June, I was slightly apprehensive about lowering as I was going from a +35mm Kit to coilovers, I was originally going with the STX kit but after a quick chat with Steve I changed my mind and went with the H&R / Koni kit with H&R ARB's.
Now I have done some miles I still can't quiet believe how a fully loaded Cali 4motion (heavy) can ride so well at this height it's just amazing, literally I'm a really happy camper :thumbsup:

IMG-3517.jpg

IMG-3722.jpg

Last edited:
Jay not sure if you were talking to me, but I added some pics up for reference, I know it's not the usual lowered on 20's look and the fat tyres will certainly help with the ride, I'll be keeping these for winters and seeing Steve about some new wheels next summer.

Whaaaaat? I recall you being a staunch supporter of the B14’s.
;)

Whaaaaat? I recall you being a staunch supporter of the B14’s.
;)
I still think they’ve served me very well, but things have moved on, I never denied that.

T32 options 4.5 years ago were extremely limited, that’s clearly not the case now.

But I also think some dealers were quick to rubbish B14’s so they could sell their own products.

1000’s of happy B14 owners can’t be wrong ;)

There isnt really a shoot out between these two products the KONI are by far better quality and more refined dampers but we use the KW for the customers who want a little lower than normally done with Koni shocks . Hence we offer complete solutions to every one Not just the super low customers .

There are traders on here who place more importance on coil overs than is deserved ( its all they sell so you can expect that )
The KONI dampers are the most sophisticated shocks on the market BAR NONE

Therefore if you dont want too low use the \KONI dampers for sure !!!
Morning Steve,

Thanks for clearing up the difference. As i'm not looking for lower particularly (more as an added asthetic bonus) i'll go for the Koni as you recommended. Not sure if i mentioned but its for a T6 T32 LWB Factory Kombi. Its not going to be converted and will very rarely carry more than family stuff, not for getting 1t bags of stones from the quarry. With that in mind and knowing suspension technicalities like you do i'm happy to go with the drop you recommend. I'm happy with 40 mm but if it would ride better at -50 then so be it.

Will be in touch by phone

Euan

Morning Steve,

Thanks for clearing up the difference. As i'm not looking for lower particularly (more as an added asthetic bonus) i'll go for the Koni as you recommended. Not sure if i mentioned but its for a T6 T32 LWB Factory Kombi. Its not going to be converted and will very rarely carry more than family stuff, not for getting 1t bags of stones from the quarry. With that in mind and knowing suspension technicalities like you do i'm happy to go with the drop you recommend. I'm happy with 40 mm but if it would ride better at -50 then so be it.

Will be in touch by phone

Euan
I’m the same as you. LWB T32 Shuttle just used as a family vehicle. I fitted the T30 H&R/koni coilover kit and the ride is very very good.
The T32 specific kit can be a bit harsh, but Steve will talk you through that.

Transporter T6.1 :- Camper converts looking for H & R Anti roll bars ?? I am sure you will all be aware that the new pricing on these parts is through the roof . Retail in UK over £700.00 dealer billing at £530.00 odd .

If you are in the market for a set of these :-

I have 20 sets left at the old price £525.00 incl vat ?? trade inquiries welcome also

Back