The Amarok wheels stick out about 10mm more than the T6 ones (10mm less ET Off-set),
so you need 10mm less spacer than you would with the same width tyre on a T6 wheel.
I'm running 235 tyres on a Amrok wheels; for me the max spacers would be 25mm on each rear; 10mm on each front.
100% yes to hub-centric spacers; TUV approved is well worth considering also.
Thanks for the info

For Amarok 18s with a 40mm drop, what size spacers do people have fitted?
Thanks.

Have you tried them without spacers first. As @chriscroft mentions above, the smaller offset moves them out 10mm from standard. But if it's the Manaus 18inch wheels, the shape of the spoke makes them stick out quite far. I dont run spacers but can see the back wheel spokes rotating in my mirrors, whereas I cant with Devonports.

20190630_133709.jpg

Last edited:
Ah great. Yes, thanks for that. I do have the Manaus ... so maybe I'll try them without spacers first then. I was just trying to be organised, and if I'd definitely need spacers I was going to have them fitted at the same time the garage put my new wheels on :) But if that's yours, without the same wheels, and without spacers, it looks good!

For me the visual need for spacers relates to the tyre section width as well as wheel ET;
along with the need to ensure they don't catch the inner wheel arch liner, which is tyre width/wheel ET and any suspension lowering dependant.
If I was running 275mm or similar I certainly wouldn't bother, so long as they didn't catch.
But 235's certainly need a bit of extra "stance" imo.

Just had problems with the 16" Amorok wheels touching on the front brake calipers so I won't be able to use them, was wondering if 17" will clear everything so they can be used. Mick

17’s should do - assuming you’ve got the larger brakes (or is it an aftermarket big brake kit)?

Oh and welcome to the forum.

It's a march 2019 model 340, the tyre guy mentioned something about the bigger brakes they came out with. The rims just hit the caliper by a couple of millimeters, just enough to leave a slight score line around the inside of the rim. Not a good idea to put spacers in and definitely not prepared to grind any of the caliper so back to square one! Lol

It's a march 2019 model 340, the tyre guy mentioned something about the bigger brakes they came out with. The rims just hit the caliper by a couple of millimeters, just enough to leave a slight score line around the inside of the rim. Not a good idea to put spacers in and definitely not prepared to grind any of the caliper so back to square one! Lol

An annoying assumption I made myself to my cost :mad:
You must have the higher powered T6 with the big brakes, and it's 17" minimum for us big boys.

An annoying assumption I made myself to my cost :mad:
You must have the higher powered T6 with the big brakes, and it's 17" minimum for us big boys.

Yep, I'll have to start putting some penny's away, bummer because i was hoping i could get away with not having to buy tyres as well.

Yep, I'll have to start putting some penny's away, bummer because i was hoping i could get away with not having to buy tyres as well.
Can I get an insight as to what size tyres I can put on a Amorok 17" rim that won't cause any fitment issues ( speedo readings & rubbing ) will a 245/65/17 set up be ok? Thanks in advance....Mick

Can I get an insight as to what size tyres I can put on a Amorok 17" rim that won't cause any fitment issues ( speedo readings & rubbing ) will a 245/65/17 set up be ok? Thanks in advance....Mick
Sorry, forgot to mention, going onto a 2019 Transporter 340

Look at the sticker on the door, it gives you the "approved" tyre sizes but of course lots of other possibilities

For those that are interested. This is what before an after looks like on the rear with 15mm spacers and Amarok Cantara wheels. It puts the rear wheels exactly the same distance from the arches as the front.

t6_highline_15mm_spacers_left-jpg.41505

t6_highline_15mm_spacers_right-jpg.41506

I am going this route but was wondering how important is the 4 wheel alignment on a 4 motion..?

Is it likely to cause issues if the rears sit further in or out than the fronts... How closely aligned should they be..?

I am going this route but was wondering how important is the 4 wheel alignment on a 4 motion..?

Is it likely to cause issues if the rears sit further in or out than the fronts... How closely aligned should they be..?

I read somewhere that 4motion needs to track the same front and rear. Trying to find the source of that...

Edit: example here, and if @BognorMotors says so then that'll do for me Staggered wheels on a 4motion...

Last edited:
Back