Very nice. I bet they aren't cheap!
There wasn't a price on them, and to be honest I didn't want to show any buying signals..........I know from past experiences where that can all end up too easily ;)
The sales chap did mention they are getting a Grand California in the showroom in the next couple of weeks, that would be interesting to look at. He also mentioned he had priced one up for a potential customer.................. £110,000 WOW

The sales chap did mention they are getting a Grand California in the showroom in the next couple of weeks, that would be interesting to look at. He also mentioned he had priced one up for a potential customer.................. £110,000 WOW

That's just insane.
Ok it's a VW, but you can buy a high end Motorhome for less than that, not to mention 2 decent Fiat Ducato manufacturer built van conversions that have just as good residual values. Is a Grand Cali really worth twice the price:confused:

I'm guessing the potential punter went mad on the options list 4motion; off-grid pack; sat TV.........platinum plated loo roll holder,
Having said that I was picking up a new 6.8m long new Crafter (for our building company), they drive so so nice, compared to our Ducato motorhome with Alko chassis.

18's Amorok alloys. wanting to put 235 / 55/ 18 tyres for my T6. Does anyone see any potential problems with that configuration?

Hi, Not really concerned with a slight difference in speedo reading ( especially if it's travelling at aless speed than showing ) I was more concerned with fitment, Scubbing etc. Cheers Mick

re-finished 18" Amarok's; with 235/55/18 Nokian Weatherproof SUV's; the Vel is 20mm dropped from the factory; with 25mm spacers all round

View attachment 51637 View attachment 51638 View attachment 51639
I've been a Devonport supporter since getting my T32 4motion last year.
I loved the look of your spaced Devon's and followed your example... but with 20mm spacers all round.
Now I'm going to copy you again with the Manaus & Nokians...thanks for all the useful info..

I've been a Devonport supporter since getting my T32 4motion last year.
I loved the look of your spaced Devon's and followed your example... but with 20mm spacers all round.
Now I'm going to copy you again with the Manaus & Nokians...thanks for all the useful info..
Great, I'm pleased you agree with me. You are also better off with the 20mm spacers because 25mm was OK for the Devomports, but it's too much on the front wheels, as the Manaus has 10mm more off-set than the Devonports, When I get round to it, I'm going to reduce the size of my spacers (particularly on the front axle)
Look forward to the pics :thumbsup:

Great, I'm pleased you agree with me. You are also better off with the 20mm spacers because 25mm was OK for the Devomports, but it's too much on the front wheels, as the Manaus has 10mm more off-set than the Devonports, When I get round to it, I'm going to reduce the size of my spacers (particularly on the front axle)
Look forward to the pics :thumbsup:
I'm going to try them with and without spacers. Being a 4 motion, I want to keep both axles the same, this is why I chose 20mm originally.
We'll see, photos will follow .

I'm going to try them with and without spacers. Being a 4 motion, I want to keep both axles the same, this is why I chose 20mm originally.
We'll see, photos will follow .
I don't think asymmetric (axles) spacers can cause 4mo an issue, but I would not want to run asymmetric (axles) tyre circumferences.

Back