Rossco2608

Dent Repair
VIP Member
T6 Pro
After much thought about sport line reps / painting existing Devonports etc finally decided and bought a set of Amarok 19's (well will be paying for this week on delivery) brand new which i plan to paint in BMW ferric Grey which should look good with the Bamboo Garden Green hopefully!

They come with 255 55 19 tyres which i need to change
8J x 19 ET43 5x120
looking online on will they fit it seems 255 40 19's may be the best match but not load rated enough for t32 so 275 40 19's may be best option, will these be ok width for a 8inch rim?
any opinions on the perfect tyres size welcomed please as these should arrive this week then tyres off ready for paint

Last edited:
After much thought about sport line reps / painting existing Devonports etc finally decided and bought a set of Amarok 19's brand new which i plan to paint in BMW ferric Grey which should look good with the Bamboo Garden Green hopefully!

They come with 255 55 19 tyres which i need to change
8J x 19 ET43
looking online on will they fit it seems 255 40 19's may be the best match but not load rated enough for t32 so 275 40 19's may be best option, will these be ok width for a 8inch rim?
any opinions on the perfect tyres size welcomed please as these should arrive this week then tyres off ready for paint
If it's a T32 you will need 255/45/19 for the weight rating ,slightly larger rolling circumference than a standard 215/60/17

275 is to much for an 8" wheel. 9" is the lowest. Unfortunately 245/45/19 is only 102 load rating.

Possible not. Only real decent t32 tyres are 275/40/19 105 load other wise you have to go bigger in sidewall vs less width and then it starts to get too big an overall circumference.
9" minimum for 275.

Saw some lovely wheels in Bala this weekend on a 17 plate T6.
First set of 21"s that I've come across on the T6. Wearing 275/35/21 103Y.
Yes it was a T32, yes the tyres were the correct load rating!
They were from customvanz.

Nice, don't think i want 21's though ....

Luckily not paid for these Amarok wheels yet as it looks like il have to bail out

Having a T32 is a pain in the butt

Nice, don't think i want 21's though ....

Luckily not paid for these Amarok wheels yet as it looks like il have to bail out

Having a T32 is a pain in the butt
When I got my first T32 I must of spent weeks looking for wheels and tyres ,mine field out there .

yeah I've seen a few sets then when looked into it there not load rated enough, or the tyres knock the rolling radius out etc
i left it a while as at first quite liked the Devonports enough not to rush buying, there just lost in the arches after lowering so pushing me to get some bought

Hi @T6 dork
It was the other 19 inch style i was buying and got then at a real bargain new, everywhere I've looked online say min of a 9 inch rim for that tyre size, i do a fair bit of milage so too worried to take the risk tbh
best match is 255 45 19 as these are 104 rated but knock the speedo out -3.13 %
i know its not massive just not sure if will bug me as i like to use digital speedo when driving
plus with new speeding laws do i need this to be 100% accurate?

Last edited:
Hi @T6 dork
It was the other 19 inch style i was buying and got then at a real bargain new, everywhere I've looked online say min of a 9 inch rim for that tyre size, i do a fair bit of milage so too worried to take the risk tbh
best match is 255 45 19 as these are 104 rated but knock the speedo out -3.13 %
i know its not massive just not sure if will bug me as i like to use digital speedo when driving
plus with new speeding laws do i need this to be 100% accurate?

Not sure if you can re calibrate the speedo through VCDS? Worth a poke about if you have it..

Don't unfortunately, had to make a descision as the guy wanted to deliver tomorrow so I've pulled out as just didn't seem compatible enough for my liking and didn't want to make the wrong choice, shame though.......

Don't unfortunately, had to make a descision as the guy wanted to deliver tomorrow so I've pulled out as just didn't seem compatible enough for my liking and didn't want to make the wrong choice, shame though.......

Sensible choice m8, I thought you were stuck with them..

Nearly was but he wanted cash on collection so that gave me time to make the right decision

The search continues......

Can't find the specs now but I did research it at the time at although not perfect it's near as dam it.

IMG_1982.JPG

IMG_1983.JPG

Thanks, I think that may just be about right load rating then, I guess the load rating is for a fully loaded van, so would 10kg less be that bad?

Back