Just got my van back from Bognor Motors with my 15mm rear spacers and got them to raise me up 20mm after snapping 2 springs in 18 months!
It seems that being 70mm low is too low for my KW1's to last.
I'll be interested to see how you get on with your STX, as I understand that they are the same setup. Do you carry any proper weight from time to time?

Hmmm, that’s odd.

I‘ve done 3k miles with them down like this although only recently removed the adjusters and fitted the Powerflex deletes to bring the back down further. The only weight in the back is the Kombi bench and my storage pod that holds the Ecoflow Delta Mini. Mostly just me in the van - although I am fat I wouldn’t say I was ‘proper weight’ :slow rofl:

I only have a Kombi setup with an Ovano in the back, but from time to time remove the Ovano and seats and load the vehicle with as much as 700kg of stuff.
I think that this is what has caused the springs to fail, but the annoying thing is that I initially went with KW V1 coil overs because they are rated for T32. I am hoping that i have just been unlucky, but it is getting a bit boring if these springs fail every 12k miles or so, just because the springs can't cope with the weight which they are allegedly suitable for!

Pondering new wheels or powder coating my Canteras a different colour. The wheels are still mint so am cautious about ‘spoiling’ them…

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Pondering new wheels or powder coating my Canteras a different colour. The wheels are still mint so am cautious about ‘spoiling’ them…
The silver is a nice contrast, but they look more grey in that last photo, which kind of suits.
Have tou considered a grey, similar in colour to BMW alloys..?

The silver is a nice contrast, but they look more grey in that last photo, which kind of suits.

Just dirty :whistle:
I saw someone did BMW Ferric Grey and they looked nice.

@t6blo I think it looks great as it is. Any spare money I had aside for mods would go on headlights next.

Thanks - I run these and for the limited driving at night that I do, which is mostly round town, they have so far stopped me ‘needing’ to spend money on new headlights :rolleyes:

I'm still very content with the bronze - was Audi bronze satin and looks golden but a little less 90s Subaru ( which I do love but the wife veto'd!)

View attachment 224131

View attachment 224132

View attachment 224133
Liking the Conteras and starting to think its the route I might go down. I have chrome rails unlike your black which will probably mean I will need to stick with the silver as could be too many colours going on.

Let me know if your wallet gets better anytime soon and you decide on something different, I might be interested

Just dirty :whistle:
I saw someone did BMW Ferric Grey and they looked nice.

Selling mine in satin ferric grey if anyone is looking. With Michelin cross climate tyres. In the for sale section.

I'm thinking of selling my Canteras. Devanti Wintoura+ winter tyres (however I have run them through summer twice (still 5mm min tread left and 1 new tyre a moth ago). Load rated for T32.

pm me of need more info.

This ad is still live @Jon - shall I leave it open?

This ad is still live @Jon - shall I leave it open?
Please. But they have done more than 1000 miles now. But not sure how many

Back