Bridgestone Weather Control A005 EVO are a pretty good all season tyre too, 3PMSF rated and 104 load rating in most sizes so good enough for a T32.
A lot depends on the size of tyre you need, I wanted the Agilis but they don't do it in 235/55/18 so you'll obviously need to look at what is actually available in the size you want.
The 18” rims seem to limit tyre options

People stopped fitting nokian these days …??
Very difficult to source them at the moment.
I had Nokian Weatherproof on my T6 for 24K miles, I thought they were great tyres and they had loads of tread left but they became so noisy I couldn't put up with the drone.

Anyone used Michelin 235/55 R17 103 (H) LATITUDE CROSS XL before? Need new tyres soon and wondered if anyone had a view on these?

Anyone used Michelin 235/55 R17 103 (H) LATITUDE CROSS XL before? Need new tyres soon and wondered if anyone had a view on these?
Yes, got them on my caravelle 4M, not bad, slightly more road noise than the Nokian they replaced.

I loved my Nokians too, they were great on road and off for over 20K miles, but then got progressively noisier despite having 4 mm tread left. I binned them when the road noise became too intrusive but they could have done another 20K if I wasn't so fussy about the noise.

• Wow
Reactions: JOG
Vredestein Quadtrac pro. I can't recommend them highly enough. They do them in 104 load rating as well, so good for T32's.

I have been running Michelin CrossClimate 2 suv 235/55/18 104 since October 2021 and think they're great....

They ranked well in the Autobild passenger car and SUV all season tyre test and should last a long time which is why I bought them plus at 104 they are fine for the T32....

Vredestein Quadtrac pro. I can't recommend them highly enough. They do them in 104 load rating as well, so good for T32's.
Same here, I have them on my T6, the other half's Kuga and my parents Touran. They are great all season tyres, not quite as good as Cross Climate 2 (which are widely regarded as the best all season tyres you can now buy) in thick snow but better performance in the wet and considerably cheaper. This is a really good review of the best of the best all season tyres linky

Last edited:
Hi all,

I’m going to need a new set of tyres soon.

My van came with two sets of VW oem 16” steel wheels. The previous owner lived in the alps in the winter.

I’m unlikely to ever need winter tyres. I won’t be driving in Europe in the winter and the UK just isn’t cold enough for long enough to really warrant a winter set.

What all season tyre would you recommend for an oem 16” steel wheel.

I’ve got a T6 t2.8 swb converted to a camper.

Is that enough information?

Thanks.

Hiya - you’ll find many set of 16” Clayton (alloy) wheels for sale on here with tyres for less than the price of tyres for your steels!

Hiya - you’ll find many set of 16” Clayton (alloy) wheels for sale on here with tyres for less than the price of tyres for your steels!
That is definitely interesting.

What do people do with old steel wheels. I assume there are a lot of them out there as folk upgrade their wheels.

That is definitely interesting.

What do people do with old steel wheels. I assume there are a lot of them out there as folk upgrade their wheels.
Stick them on eBay or gumtree - you’d never know, a builder’s van may need some!

Make a chiminea / pot belly stove!

I have Uniroyal rain sport 5s and they are lasting well and sure footed in the wet to the extent I’ll probably sell my winters! These are 235/50 R18s 101 load rated on amarok steels.

Have a look through the thread below if you've not already :thumbsup:

Back