Is Anyone running all season tyres on 2wd? I'm not going to be swapping between winter and summer wheels so looking for an all season solution. I've searched the forum and found lots of choices but just curious is this overkill on a 2wd?

If you don’t come across much snow, year to year, the cross climates preform nearly as good as a summer tyre in summer, and work really well in the colder conditions in the winter with wet roads.

i just ordered cross climates with the £50 discount on Michelin’s ending 29th of this month, check the video to give a little help in deciding -
Skip to 3:50 to get past the intro into an all season tyre

I fitted 235/55/18 Michelin Crossclimate SUVs before the winter and they're working brilliantly. They're purposely slightly oversized to fill the arches a little more, but I went from 275/40/20 (which I think were too big) and these are a great compromise!

Huge vote for the Michelin cross climate SUV version which is also rated for light off road. These were recommended for me by Michelin customer service and they have been fantastic in summer, rain, hail, snow, wet grass, tracks and in horrendous rain on motorways and main roads here and in Ireland.

Covered 6k in them so far.

Huge vote for the Michelin cross climate SUV version which is also rated for light off road. These were recommended for me by Michelin customer service and they have been fantastic in summer, rain, hail, snow, wet grass, tracks and in horrendous rain on motorways and main roads here and in Ireland.

Covered 6k in them so far.

what’s the wear like on them??

Is Anyone running all season tyres on 2wd? I'm not going to be swapping between winter and summer wheels so looking for an all season solution. I've searched the forum and found lots of choices but just curious is this overkill on a 2wd?

It's far from overkill on a 2WD as the rears pay a pretty big part in braking, stability and water displacement too.

I'm running 255/45/18 on Dunlop Sports Maxx - all weather. Great in the dry and the wet and not roaringly loud either.

We ran all seasons on out T5 for a couple of years and they cope with everything well other than compact or heavy snow. They still worked but not as good as proper snow tyres. Most winters where I am there is plenty of snow and we go skiing so I am going to keep a spare winter set, it also save the "summer" wheels getting wrecked in winter and save on wear and tear. In the past a set of 17in steels with winter tyres has been spot on in all conditions plus they tuck into the wheel arch so don't spray the side with as much crap.

Very good, the Wife had a set on her berlingo when she had it. Costco do deals on these from time to time. But it's goodyears that's on deal just now.

Evening what tyres can you lads recommend as a good all year tyre,just had a quote with bbs alloys and a brand called davanti, but I cant say as I have heard of them

Bridgestone Weather Control A005

The Bridgestone Weather Control A005 tackles weather conditions superbly throughout the year - offering a top wet, dry and winter performance.

Been following the above ( reviews on the net)...with a view to change my Goodyear eagle f1, once I’ve run them down ...but as a commercial vehicle your restricted due to weight limitations so choice is limited...a lot depends on budget...:):)

Ps...davanti tyres...are a rebranded Chinese tyre

Last edited by a moderator:
Bridgestone Weather Control A005
The Bridgestone Weather Control A005 tackles weather conditions superbly throughout the year - offering a top wet, dry and winter performance.

Been following the above ( reviews on the net)...with a view to change my Goodyear eagle f1, once I’ve run them down ...but as a commercial vehicle your restricted due to weight limitations so choice is limited...a lot depends on budget...:):)
budget wise I would think around the 120-130 mark

I've been running Event Potentum uhp's and very impressed with them.
Cheap summer tyre that is good in the wet. They were shocking in the 1 day of snow we have had but that could be down to the massively wide 275 tyre width causing most the problem.

Back