Do Nokian not recommend a tyre pressure?
I've no idea.
But it would need to be vehicle specific, so that would be a lot of work for Nokian
Also, Nokian would probably say they recommend a commercial tyre for a T6, and probably only available in 16"/17" sizes

full.jpg
full.jpg

Thanks for everyone's advice... went for Nokian's ... 235/55/18 on a set of 18" Amaroks, and had it lowered with 40mm sports springs with 15mm spacers. Totally delighted with the new look.

Things I've learned: speedo is now pretty much bang on; on the dash it doesn't suggest I change gear as often ( 4 -> 5 etc.); acceleration in 5th and 6th doesn't seem as responsive as before; I get way more admiring glances; tyres look badass; overall the van's height is lower (around 197cm).

Is Anyone running all season tyres on 2wd? I'm not going to be swapping between winter and summer wheels so looking for an all season solution. I've searched the forum and found lots of choices but just curious is this overkill on a 2wd?

When I bought campervan fron conversion company they recommended all season tyres, have driven in wet and snow with FWD only and had no problems.

Bridgestone A005 235/50R18 on Amarok steel rims. Nokians are very popular. Just need to ensure you get the correct load rating. Mine are 101 for a T30 so ‘just’ OK.

I'm running 255/45/18 Bridgestone A005 as well, they're working fine in all the rain and snow I've encountered over the last fortnight.

Last edited:
We have lots of customers running the GY cargo vectors, which are an all season with the all important snowflake symbol. They last really well and perform great when needed and not too noisy. We fit these to all of our European hires, when going on ski trips.

Last edited:
We have lots of customers running the Conti cargo vectors, which are an all season with the all important snowflake symbol. They last really well and perform great when needed and not too noisy. We fit these to all of our European hires, when going on ski trips.

Do you mean Goodyear Cargo Vectors?

Goodyear Cargo Vector 2’s on mine.

IMO all seasons on a FWD will outperform a 4motion on summer tyres when the weather gets bad!

Sorry yes! Long day to Manchester and back , now edited ;-)

I’m interested in those Goodyear Cargo Vectors but I can only find them in 215 width with the correct rolling diameter. I currently have 235 width tyres. Do you know what the advantages/disadvantages of a 235 vs 215 width in an all season tyre are on a T6?

Michelin Agilis crossclimate on our 2wd, LWB T6. Not used them in snow yet but very happy with their performance in the wet and on loose gravel tracks.

I'm running Michelin Cross Climate 235 55 17 on my 204 and they are very good. Grippy and quiet.
I'm in Glasgow and rarely see snow, so it's mainly the lower temperature benefit I'm after.

I've run 2 sets of the Goodyear Cargo Vector , I can't fault them really, excellent on icy wet roads quiet and fairly fuel efficient. They do lack a bit in muddy or snowy conditions though.

My current tyres are Michelin Latitude Cross 235/55/17. I fitted these because I fancied something a bit chunkier looking. They are effectively a summer tyre with mud and snow rating. They are better in a muddy field than the Goodyears but are poor by comparison everywhere else. Wet grip, icy roads are scary, noisier.
They do last incredibly well though.

I've just ordered a set of Michelin Agilis Crossclimate back to 215/60/17 in size. These were recommended by a friend who said they were excellent in all conditions. At £160 a corner fitted they are not the cheapest, I just hope I don't regret not getting another set of Goodyears.

HTH

I should add I really can't be bothered changing wheels over summer to winter nor do I have much room to store yet more wheels and tyres which is why all season works for me.

Back