More info here...

Disklok every time,
I joke that if I am not within touching distance of the van then the disklok is in place.

Highly visible so I reckon it's a great deterrent, the toe-rag eyeing up your pride and joy doesn't know what else you have installed that they cannot see.
Only takes seconds to put on and take off. (BTW, the first time you put your fingers near the channel where the spring goes is the one and only time you will be that daft :D )

I have a 'spare safe' for the spare wheel. Thought that was a must have when the spare is dangling outside the van.
Also have a stop lock on the steering wheel and meta Trak S5 deadlock pro. And thinkware F800pro dashcam. Very happy with my set up when I've never had a vehicle that cost so much before. The trick is to make it as difficult as possible for the thieves. Peace of mind comes at a price unfortunately.

SC14 makes more sense.

This is a 5a fuse which feeds the powertrain CAN bus isolator, so if that blows it will stop the engine.

If a latching switch was inserted in this circuit would it act as an additional immobiliser?
Would it have any detrimental effect, fault codes, etc?

I’m also considering a bright yellow disklok be interested to hear anyone’s thoughts
I got one mate. To be honest, it's a pain in the arse so I don't use it that much......BUT......I can't imagine how much of a pain it would be to lose my van!! I really should use it more.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply, as a total noob to T6's and campervan'ing I don't know what I don't know so I'm expecting to learn a lot and hopefully not make too many costly mistakes :)

Thanks for the reply, as a total noob to T6's and campervan'ing I don't know what I don't know so I'm expecting to learn a lot and hopefully not make too many costly mistakes :)
You've come to the right place mate..........and welcome aboard! I had a T5 and have been in my T6 for 7 years. Hate, hate, hate the euro6 gubbins but love the van!! Get your door seals sorted pronto!! You won't believe the difference.........you also won't believe how much discussion and disagreement it causes. A dead easy job nonetheless!!:thumbsup:

I got one mate. To be honest, it's a pain in the arse so I don't use it that much......BUT......I can't imagine how much of a pain it would be to lose my van!! I really should use it more.:thumbsup:

I hate directly disagreeing with anyone, sorry @mopardave, but I find the Disklok the quickest, simplest, easiest thing to use. Mine is silver but just as much a visual deterrent as the bright yellow version!

Been using one for years and reckon it takes less than 30 seconds to pick it up off the passenger seat, put it over the wheel, and have it locked. It was the first thing I bought when I replaced my previous van for the T6.

For the money I reckon they're bluddy brilliant. I agree that they will not stop a professional, determined thief but should put off the casual toe-rag who is eyeing up my pride and joy.

And if I have a choice in a public car park, I always put the van next to something larger and more expensive - so if you come back to your Range Rover Vogue, over-sized Merc or anything else which costs as much as a small house, then the little blue VW in the next parking bay is probably me :slow rofl:

I hate directly disagreeing with anyone, sorry @mopardave, but I find the Disklok the quickest, simplest, easiest thing to use. Mine is silver but just as much a visual deterrent as the bright yellow version!

Been using one for years and reckon it takes less than 30 seconds to pick it up off the passenger seat, put it over the wheel, and have it locked. It was the first thing I bought when I replaced my previous van for the T6.

For the money I reckon they're bluddy brilliant. I agree that they will not stop a professional, determined thief but should put off the casual toe-rag who is eyeing up my pride and joy.

And if I have a choice in a public car park, I always put the van next to something larger and more expensive - so if you come back to your Range Rover Vogue, over-sized Merc or anything else which costs as much as a small house, then the little blue VW in the next parking bay is probably me :slow rofl:
Ha ha mate.........no, I should have been clearer! Dead easy to use......mine is silver too. What I should've said is it is bulky and I don't like having it loose in my van......but that's just me. If I have any doubts about parking it, you bet your boots I use it. I'm just funny about having a big metal "frisbee" loose in the van. I should make something to store it in really. I also have the "sock" that protects the wheel first. Ease of use.........yup, dead easy.:thumbsup:

@mopardave
Sorry Sir, you are ABSOLUTELY right and a heavy, metal frisbee loose in the van is not smart (or very safe).

I'm the only user of my van, so I have a plastic tub on the passenger seat, held in place by the seatbelt. The tub is a wonderful "chucking place" for all manner of bits & bobs, and the disklok slips between the tub & the seat back. Without finding a cupboard for it, this has turned out to be the most stable place for it to live whilst in transit. (Passenger footwell didn't work - it slipped around).

Instead of the protective "sock" thing, I have a soft canvas bag (which came with something else, years ago). The bag fits over the steering wheel for protection, and when the "frisbee" is on the passenger seat, I put it in the bag to protect the seat.

@mopardave
Sorry Sir, you are ABSOLUTELY right and a heavy, metal frisbee loose in the van is not smart (or very safe).

I'm the only user of my van, so I have a plastic tub on the passenger seat, held in place by the seatbelt. The tub is a wonderful "chucking place" for all manner of bits & bobs, and the disklok slips between the tub & the seat back. Without finding a cupboard for it, this has turned out to be the most stable place for it to live whilst in transit. (Passenger footwell didn't work - it slipped around).

Instead of the protective "sock" thing, I have a soft canvas bag (which came with something else, years ago). The bag fits over the steering wheel for protection, and when the "frisbee" is on the passenger seat, I put it in the bag to protect the seat.
I made a storage unit for between the front seats.......it's on here somewhere..........I'd be lost without it but it's not suitable for steering wheel "death star". I too tend to be the only occupant but I wanted my seats to still swivel with the storage box in place. You've got me thinking now.......I love making stuff so I need to figure out a carpet covered storage box for behind the drivers seat. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????? Are you in the "Emerald Isle" by any chance??:thumbsup:

I’m also considering a bright yellow disklok be interested to hear anyone’s thoughts
I think they look ugly and a faff to put on.....

A few options here :

I'm picking my new van up in a couple of weeks so as soon as I know the proper size of the steering wheel I'm going to order one. Good point about finding a home for it when I'm driving. If memory serves there's a gap behind the drivers seat and the start of the worktop, I'll see if I can rig up a strap to keep it held in place there. Thanks for the feedback

I find the Disklok a doddle to get on and off... at least now I've had some practice... and when driving I wedge it flat on the floor, in front of and in-between my 2 front captain's seats. It's never moved, doesn't get in the way and doesn't rattle at all.

I also have an ATE pedal lock, which I think probably provides better physical security than the Disklok, but it hardly ever gets used on a trip as it's damned heavy and I haven't found a suitable, convenient place to store it whilst driving. However, if I ever leave my van unattended at home, then both the Disklok and the pedal lock go on - that despite having a MetaTrak Pro tracker/immobiliser (and the van being parked on my electrically-gated driveway).

Thought you were telling us you had just one friend! I started welling up. Might be the beer.

Back