ACC & City Braking - How Its Done -

Does anyone have a Picture from T6.1 in Snow, i read that the new ACC Sensor there is going offline as soon as a bit snow is on the road.
So probably T6.1 Sensor is not heated ?
I haven't got any snowy pictures, but these photos might actually give us some indication how T6.1 ACC radar heating "doesn't work externally"
and see subsequent lack of "defrosting".

05.jpeg06.jpeg04.jpeg02.jpeg01.png

Even if you add EPB ... it will not work
because this is made by ABS first ,
For example - MQB Golf 7 in USA have no EPB (yes.....still with hand brake) and can use FtS function
I believe this requires some clarification.

VW T6 (PQ25) comes by default with FTS(Follow To Stop) version of ACC with DSG and also uses manual parking brake.

Reactions: mmi
Hello, I've just read through all the pages of this discussion and just wanted some clarification please....

If you have a vehicle that has normal [non-adaptive] cruise control which is controlled using a MFSW (i.e. you have the steering wheel buttons with a 'CNL'), but does have the automatic city braking (i.e. has a front radar sensor), does this qualify it as able to be upgraded to ACC without having to swap out the sensor/speedo etc?

I read this post, but I can't quite decipher if this is talking about doing an install on a vehicle with no cruise control/radar sensor to start with. Is component protection etc keeping the 'normal' radar sensor/speedo from working with ACC?

I just got a Trendline '68 plate Crafter, so that might be an added difficulty, but I don't really want to be spending hundreds of £££ on new radar parts etc for this upgrade. I'm hopeful it's just the buttons that I need to change out and then do the magic with the coding, but I'm not 100% clear on whether that's the case.

Thanks,
Adrian

Hello, I've just read through all the pages of this discussion and just wanted some clarification please....

If you have a vehicle that has normal [non-adaptive] cruise control which is controlled using a MFSW (i.e. you have the steering wheel buttons with a 'CNL'), but does have the automatic city braking (i.e. has a front radar sensor), does this qualify it as able to be upgraded to ACC without having to swap out the sensor/speedo etc?

I read this post, but I can't quite decipher if this is talking about doing an install on a vehicle with no cruise control/radar sensor to start with. Is component protection etc keeping the 'normal' radar sensor/speedo from working with ACC?

I just got a Trendline '68 plate Crafter, so that might be an added difficulty, but I don't really want to be spending hundreds of £££ on new radar parts etc for this upgrade. I'm hopeful it's just the buttons that I need to change out and then do the magic with the coding, but I'm not 100% clear on whether that's the case.

Thanks,
Adrian
I think there’s one person on here who was close to achieving what you’re looking for (was it @dnoermann ?) but as far as I know, no one has managed it yet c

Thanks,
Adrian
The radar sensor is already the correct one. However, the ACC functionality is protected by encryption (Component Protection, SWaP - Software as Product). Perhaps VW will soon be in need of small potatoes and offer the unlocking at just a nominal cost :whistle:

It depends on actual manufacturing year of your Crafter.
First generation is based on Sprinter and therefore almost all components/parts are of Mercedes make.
Second generation starting from 2017/2018 is a MQB and the fun begins ;)

Thanks for the replies guys....

The radar sensor is already the correct one. However, the ACC functionality is protected by encryption (Component Protection, SWaP - Software as Product). Perhaps VW will soon be in need of small potatoes and offer the unlocking at just a nominal cost
Sorry there i cant help.
Only T6,Amarok,Sharan,Alhambra and Caddy are using same Radar.

So @dnoermann - did you ever solve this encryption issue on a T6? i.e. if hypothetically I had a T6 with this setup (front radar & city braking, MFSW and 'normal' cruise control) instead of a Crafter, would it be doable, or would it still require new speedo/radar modules from a donor that already had ACC? If that is the case, I'd be hopeful that it's also a similar case on the Crafter (fingers crossed!)

It depends on actual manufacturing year of your Crafter.
First generation is based on Sprinter and therefore almost all components/parts are of Mercedes make.
Second generation starting from 2017/2018 is a MQB and the fun begins ;)
Yep, it's a new-shape ('68 plate) so it's not Sprinter-based.....however I'm quite surprised to find how little information there is out there (and how quiet Crafter corner is on this site!)

Thanks,
Adrian

encryption issue on a T6
Yes, in this setup only "Coding" and "Crypto" is needed, so parts don't need to be changed.
But still the Buttons really need to be changed to the ACC ones.

similar case on the Crafter
No, The crafter and the T6.1 both are based on the new Electronic Platform from VW called MQB.
And there everything is different.
It is the same Platform like Golf 7.
I Know that there ACC retrofit is possible, too, but it is different, i did not look into it, but there are people claiming to be able to do it, at least in germany

Ok brill, thanks for your answers. Seeing as it's still not clear whether I would need to replace a lot of the components or perhaps maybe it is possible without having to completely change them, I'll keep looking into it and if I find anything out, I'll report back here.

Similarly, if anyone has had any luck with the 6.1 and ACC, then do let us know!

Thanks

and this one

I can clarify this now.
- SW: 7E0 907 379 Q HW: 7E0 907 379 N does have ACC Support for Manual Gearbox and DSG
- SW: 7E0 907 379 P HW: 7E0 907 379 M does have ACC Support for Manual Gearbox only (Probably can do DSG, too, that needs to be veryfied)

Finally i can update this:
- SW: 7E0 907 379 Q HW: 7E0 907 379 N does have ACC Support for Manual Gearbox and DSG
installed from Factory
- SW: 7E0 907 379 P HW: 7E0 907 379 M does have ACC Support for Manual Gearbox and DSG, too
installed from Factory only with Manual Gearbox
but recent tests proved that ACC with DSG is working well with this Unit, too

Finally i can update this:
installed from Factory
- SW: 7E0 907 379 P HW: 7E0 907 379 M does have ACC Support for Manual Gearbox and DSG, too
installed from Factory only with Manual Gearbox
but recent tests proved that ACC with DSG is working well with this Unit, too
If you have verified this on your own vehicle
then you should be charging people for reading this post :thumbsup:.
Add your "PayPal Me" details here :whistle:.
Q/N ABS units are few times dearer comparing with P/M :eek:

Reactions: mmi
I think there’s one person on here who was close to achieving what you’re looking for (was it @dnoermann ?) but as far as I know, no one has managed it yet c
Just to say it out loud, yes he has managed and yes he has achieved that.
Actually a good while ago :whistle:.
He is simply modest and doesn't like to show off :).

Test is from a T6 with had only Frontassist.
I helped upgrading to ACC 210 FTS and all works great.
Did you need to change any components apart from the mfsw buttons? Also what coding is involved? ie. Can it be done just with vcds?

Needs more than VCDS and Coding.
I explained this, some pages ago.
Thanks for that. I was hoping "crypto" meant you had found a way around the FEC problem which is the deal breaker for me. Good to know only buttons are needed now and not the dash as well.

Having read the previous pages my head now hurts :confused: And i'm just confusing myself more and more now. Probably confusing myself even more as module 13 shows as ACC Bosch PQx, when i dont have ACC, although from page 2 it looks like that might just be the radar sensor.
I've got a 2018 DSG with front assist, it has the P/M abs unit. I dont yet have the steering wheel buttons, but can get these from the Bay of E.
What else do i need to get or do in order to get ACC activated? Do i need an instrument cluster from a crashed T6? or not as the case may be? do i need to visit a dealer to get CP/Swap/Fec codes?? I think my brain has just given up for today :cry::cry:

Back