[Guide] Horn replacement

JPE

VIP Member
So Noddy’s horn that VW fitted to my van had finally packed up and started to sound more like a kazoo (google it),a perfect opportunity to look for a replacement,so I decided to go with a Denali soundbomb compact it’s actually a motorbike horn but fits any vehicle apparentley,I bought it from the sportsbike shop online for £38 and fit with the supplied 30A relay and make my own wiring harness as the Denali harness is more suited to a motorbike than a T6,All parts for the harness I bought from 12v planet for about £30
IMG_2325.jpegIMG_2326.jpeg
The main harness is a 3 meter length of 3 core 29A wire a separate earth wire and a fused live to connect to the battery,I chose to use uninsulated connectors and heat shrink the connections,it would of been cheaper and easier to use insulated connectors but not as tidy
IMG_2327.jpegIMG_2328.jpegIMG_2329.jpeg
IMG_2333.jpegIMG_2332.jpeg
Installing the new horn is definitely a bumper off job,For removal the THQ videos on youtube are most helpful,I did find fitting the soundbomb was a bit tricky due to lack of space,the soundbomb is a lot bigger than noddy’s horn and the mounting bracket was not strong enough so I had to make a
new bracket from a piece of 20mmx20mm angle
IMG_2336.jpegIMG_2337.jpegIMG_2338.jpegIMG_2343.jpegIMG_2352.jpeg
Wiring the horn was straight forward with the 3 core wire,red power to the horn,green positive from oem horn,black negative from oem horn and a separate wire for the horn negative,the nearest earth point is just above where the horn is fitted,The relay and fused power cable is next to the battery,The 3 core cable was cable tied neatly to a wiring loom and fed across the front of the engine bay out of the wayIMG_2344.jpegIMG_2334.jpegIMG_2350.jpegIMG_2348.jpeg
Any loose cable was wrapped with cloth loom tape and covered with plastic cable protectorIMG_2355.jpegIMG_2353.jpeg
Even tho I spent too much time tinkering making brackets and a wiring harness (approximately 6 hours)it was well worth the effort this horn is so loud and annoying the first time I tested it I swear a little bit of wee came out,if all this seems to much effort I think a Denali soundbomb mini would make a good like for like replacement but not as much fun.

Hello, i am searching what is behind this plug, or in other words, to what device it is connected to? Maybe You remember. After the crash looks like it is missing on my car, but there is a similar cable left.

Plug.jpeg

T6.Cable.jpg

Plug.Back.jpg

Back