ACC & City Braking - How Its Done -

Up here the uncovered one works remarkably better than the covered ones. Thanks to the heater snow and icy conditions are not a problem as for the vehicles having sensor hidden behind cover/emblem.
View attachment 97213
View attachment 97276
My radar heater also works perfectly.
I got a chance to verify this over a very long drive this winter.
It didn't get affected/blinded by the snow nor the ice even once.
20211224_223130.jpg
Only 7E0 radar (T6 variant) of a 7N0 radar family is equipped with a heater.
Caddy, Sharan, etc. don't get this amazing functionality. Credit goes to @dnoermann :thumbsup:

Yes, I could and I can :cool:

NEED FOR SPEED "T6" :whistle:

Screenshot_20211231-151653_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211231-152006_Gallery.jpg

NEED FOR SPEED "T6"
But does it actually work in the upper range :inlove:? Perhaps yet another video :sneaky:- with fuel consumption display on :laugh:
Indeed another amazing retrofit @Robert :mexican wave:- I do hope you can resist any temptations of T6.1 for a few more years.

Have a look below.

I talked to Daku after Christmas and he sent me a website. I have VCP, can work on it and help improving. I want to buy it, looks awesome and since I'm on 1109, should be able to activate Side Assist LED and maybe in the future if i change one day, 7n0 Front Assist icon. For now I'm keeping 3AA. Thanks to dnoermann for helping.

Very interesting.

1500 for Manual Gearbox
4000 for Automatic

I guess they got something very wrong.
Even if they think that the ABS needs to be chaged for Automatic (what is not the case) than 2500 more is just very very very lot for changing the ABS (which is not needed) ....

When i find time i will write a better guide how to self retrofit, but yes there are people who cant do it or who dont have the time, and they need this service,

Very interesting.

1500 for Manual Gearbox
4000 for Automatic

I guess they got something very wrong.
Even if they think that the ABS needs to be chaged for Automatic (what is not the case) than 2500 more is just very very very lot for changing the ABS (which is not needed) ....

When i find time i will write a better guide how to self retrofit, but yes there are people who cant do it or who dont have the time, and they need this service,
Nice! I have the T6 ACC radar, loom, mfst, fir my T5.1... just looking for the Airbeg module.
Can I use T6 brake lines to install ABS? Or I will need adapter like you did Dennis?

Can I use T6 brake lines to install ABS? Or I will need adapter like you did Dennis?
If you change all brake lines from Start to End than you can use the ones from T6. That would be defenite the better solution.
But i looked under my car and i would say i have to disconnect a lot, like the Engine and the Gearbox to get the brake lines changed .....
So i choose this messy solution:

IMG_2232.JPG

If you change all brake lines from Start to End than you can use the ones from T6. That would be defenite the better solution.
But i looked under my car and i would say i have to disconnect a lot, like the Engine and the Gearbox to get the brake lines changed .....
So i choose this messy solution:

View attachment 141223
I go with the messy one then... I did ABS upgrade on Golf 5. That was easier, only two front line.

I’m out in Europe for a ski holiday, and on the drive down I stopped in to see @dnoermann. After I left his place, I had a fully functional ACC facility on my van that has since been tested at various distances at up to 90 mph and all seems to be working well. I’ll probably test it at higher speeds on the way back to Rotterdam in a week. He was a pleasure to deal with and I am very happy with having ACC at long last. Thank you @dnoermann .
I hope he likes the Brewdog IPA that I left him!

Back