My Tiguan heated seat upgrade

You need everything for a Transporter up to the seat plugs
Thanks Stevie, yeah that was the original plan, then I just had a thought that it might need Tiguan.
Now just to find a module, I had my eye on one when I was first looking, can’t find it now!!

T6 would still use same heated seat modules as most VW cars 5K0959772 or 772A, 1k0959772 etc. will work. That module has 8pin plug. In T6.1 the module has changed completely, it has 15pin plug. In T6.1 the module is clipped in on the bottom of the centre support bracket by the floor near the airbag module on the left side. Not sure if T6 is similar. Most early VW models had the module mounted under left or right seat (Passat) and later on it was moved into the cabin for some reason. When we do wiring looms for the seats that need module, I would have it fitted by the main seat plug so its easily accessible in case theres a issue with seats so it can be troubleshooted without ripping trims apart
Any VW or Audi seats that have 4 wire setup in the plug for heating always use 2x grounds, where in T6/T6.1 only has 3 wires in the plug for heating for example

Back