ACC & City Braking - How Its Done -

Can the sensor be removed and disabled to enable standard lower grille fit to front bumper .. only activated on my van once in 3 years

not sure about the implications of removing and disabling it?

++

are you sure you want to disable a very good safety feature?

city breaking has saved my bacon a couple of times.

++

you may also have to declare that as a modification to your insurance as its will up the risk factor on the van?

++

Some pictures form my abs retrofit to mk100

My old abs unit
9C5CD444-1AF2-46EC-A337-67DE604D9EF4.jpeg
Drilling new holes to connect the new abs with the old holder :-
CE3A1863-DCEF-4124-944D-34ED4CA9BE13.jpeg
Attaching needed adapters to the new abs :-

C60A0E1A-6174-4056-A269-57F4AF23784F.jpeg
And the final result:-
564CE2B7-FDAC-441A-B83F-1C3B40781C29.jpeg

FD42A4C1-171D-4CCA-9E2F-A2BAFE64165F.jpeg

45F7AABE-F837-4E9A-BD93-74E5A61D218D.jpeg

969C070C-1ABE-48A4-937D-28FB53FD164A.jpeg

37C25E9A-79E4-45D3-941F-0CCC3A6473CF.jpeg

I found my own way by try and error debugging a lot .....
- Get a used Cluster from a T6 with ACC and the TransmissionBox you need. DSG or SG must match, that is important !
- Get the Cluster Immo Learned to your car (NOT with OdisE), but VIN in Cluster needs to stay the one from the Car where the Cluster was taken from.
- Get CP done Online with OdisE, get Swap restored online with OdisE, this works because it is restoring Swap for the VIN from the T6 that had ACC. (ECU can stay the same, the whole time)
- Now you can change the VIN in Cluster back to your VIN, CP and Swap will stay.

Took me 1 Year of digging ......

Regarding ABS.
Normly you need Q but i have seen one T6 with P and working ACC from Factory.
Hello friend I need help regarding the swap because I am stuck at this decisive step for it to work. Here I have everything is done (abs pump, acc mfsw button, coding). Thank you

Hi there, I know this is an old post, but wondering if anyone can help me as I’m not very clued up on technical stuff.
I have a 2018 t6 highline with cruise control and front crash radar from factory.
I have put a new steering wheel on ( same year just different buttons for acc)

Looking at this post, I gather I can’t just code the ACC in?
Since changing the wheel I also have the glow plug light flashing and start-stop error but I imagine this to do with the new wheel?

Many thanks joe
Any help would be much appreciated

Yes mate wrong buttons cause this fault you need the non ACC variant

Hi there, I know this is an old post, but wondering if anyone can help me as I’m not very clued up on technical stuff.
I have a 2018 t6 highline with cruise control and front crash radar from factory.
I have put a new steering wheel on ( same year just different buttons for acc)

Looking at this post, I gather I can’t just code the ACC in?
Since changing the wheel I also have the glow plug light flashing and start-stop error but I imagine this to do with the new wheel?

Many thanks joe
Any help would be much appreciated
The software change needed to activate ACC on your van is encrypted or otherwise protected from the factory. For a long while, no-one could enable it, but gradually more people have been offering that service.
I had my 2018 van updated last March. I had already bought a spare steering wheel, with the ACC button, so it just involved fitting that wheel, a bit of jiggery-pokery with a laptop and a Raspberry Pi and, in my case, a replacement radar unit (that looked 2nd hand).
Since then, ACC has been working flawlessly on my van and I am very pleased to have it.

ACC is only available with EU6 Engine even in T6.
The ones with EU5 Engine could not have ACC added as feature while buying.

What i Think: The EDC17 ECU from T5 EU5+ Engines does not understand the new Buttons for ACC on the MFL and theirfore can not "Start" ACC.

That is the biggest issue that have to be overcome when retrofitting ACC to T5.2.

So since i solved this EU5 issue Years ago with my CFCA Engine, i today can happyly anounce that i was able to retrofit ACC to a CAAB Engine in an 2016 T6 Transporter.

Since everyone nowadays does PQ ACC CP removal and Swap enablemend i think its time to make this information available for every retrofitter who likes PQ as mutch as i do :)

I just uploaded my own tools for this to my github GitHub - dnoermann/car-tools: Tools for working with VW PQ25 Plattform Vehicles

But as always this is really hard stuff ....
You must read the Code to understand it ....

Back