Hi Oli, do you get many issues with Velare wheels in terms of 'crackage', or have I just been unlucky with 2 cracked VLR 07's?

Disappointingly, staggered wheels wouldn’t work on the Caravelle without trimming the door cards, so I’m running 8.5 all round. I looked at loads of different tyre sizes and ended up with 245/45/20. I had originally planned on 245/40 but I couldn’t get the load rating I wanted. Overall im happy with how they look and how they ride.

Avoid 275‘s on the front, they’re way too big for the 8.5.

View attachment 157730
Hi mate !
Lovely rims you've got there
What brand are they ?

Thanks

Hi mate !
Lovely rims you've got there
What brand are they ?

Thanks
@Stanfield - Possibly these?

Or the same:

They are self adhesive ones but they are metal and slightly domed. I just stuck them on the green Leighton centre caps. I’ve been asked before, but can’t for the life of me find the website where I bought them. Sorry.

Bit of a random one this, but I have a set of 20" tyres I need to move on (brand new)

Details here:-

As everyone on this thread is running 20's I thought it might 'ping a few notifications' and get a bit of traction on selling them!

Let me be upfront from the start, I hate buying tyres, they melt my brain!

I approaching needing to replace my fronts, I have PHI (not sure if they are the accelerator ones people mention here) 245/45 ZR20’s all round. I’m in a 2015 T32 Kombi. In my previous cars I’ve always gone Michelin cross climate and love them, I don’t do crazy miles so looking to ask:

If you were inclined to pay more if it’s worth it, what tyre type would you choose along the lines of the cross climate?
Also should I get a like for like size or would the general hive mind suggest changing sizes?

Thanks in advance !

Let me be upfront from the start, I hate buying tyres, they melt my brain!

I approaching needing to replace my fronts, I have PHI (not sure if they are the accelerator ones people mention here) 245/45 ZR20’s all round. I’m in a 2015 T32 Kombi. In my previous cars I’ve always gone Michelin cross climate and love them, I don’t do crazy miles so looking to ask:

If you were inclined to pay more if it’s worth it, what tyre type would you choose along the lines of the cross climate?
Also should I get a like for like size or would the general hive mind suggest changing sizes?

Thanks in advance !

If you're happy with the Cross Climate 2 tyre in that size I'd stick with it and replace like for like.

I am rather partial to my Cross Climate 2 SUV's, with the same 245/45 on the front and 275/40's on the rear. My front wheels are 8.5 width and the rears are a 10".
Great in freezing conditions and very happy last weekend on a very wet grassland campsite. Over 5000 miles in on them with no signs of wear.
I'll use them again next time.

JOT6 = if you are indeed using Accelera PHI tyres as i am and have been for years and will continue to do so.
i even use Accelera Track Tyres on my track cars.
i went on these after a side wall puncture one night in my Audi RS6 with a Michelin which cost me a fortune.

as I've said many times my friend is an Accelera dealer.
trade on these =245/45R20 ACCELERA PHI 103Y XL= are £260 inc vat for a set of 4
Please double check you are already using these first.
whats a set of MCC £1000 +

Just double checked they are Accelera’s and you are correct the price difference is vast, MCC’s are over a grand. I can’t say I have full confidence in the Acceleras though in winter, but the price difference ….

i dont have a problem wet or dry weather they perform great and I've just ordered another 8
everybody drives differently and so any tyre will let go if pushed to the extreme
if money is not an problem then spend over £1000 on MCC , but if you havent tried Acceleras you wont know
JOT6 i use budget winter tyres too and find no difference to the more expensive ones

Back