I run 20s and they are not crashy. Poor suspension choices will cause way more discomfort/crashiness (yes, I did just say crashiness) than a set of 20s will.

To recommend tyre options we need to know the width of the wheel and the load rating of your van.

To recommend spacers we need to know the wheel offset. If you can share that information then we’ll be able to offer more advice.
I would agree with this, I have 19s on sportline springs and it can get a bit arse clenchingly scary sometimes, need to get some decent shocks on there at the very least.
Unless all you 20s owners are lying about the ride then the suspension setup must make more of a difference than whether you go for 19s or 20s

I would agree with this, I have 19s on sportline springs and it can get a bit arse clenchingly scary sometimes, need to get some decent shocks on there at the very least.
Unless all you 20s owners are lying about the ride then the suspension setup must make more of a difference than whether you go for 19s or 20s
And yes I did say clenchingly :D

The Sportline/eibach springs are renowned as being the most uncompromising. Lots of suspension upgrades that will sort this out.

If you get the wheels with the correct stud pattern and offset they should just go on.

For tyre size, I went for 255/45R19 but there are a number of sizes that could fit

As regards to which style and whether it should be lowered to look any good this is personal preference and so everyone has their own opinion, personally I think they look weird if not lowered a bit at least but that’s just me.

check out the many threads on wheels, there are loads of pictures to see what different sized wheels look like and they usually say the tyre size and if they are lowered.

Whatever you go for just make sure you get the correct load rating for both tyres and wheels

Happy hunting!

There's an extensive list of options available... it all boils down to personal preference... However if you have a T32 then there are less load rated options for that vehicle...

I went with 19" Amarok Cantera's with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 - 255/45 R19 Y (104 rated for T32)

No spacers and no suspension work done yet.

d.jpg
0E1C1905-364D-44AA-86A5-9C6B401C1CF4.jpeg

Mine with the same wheels and Avon ZV7 tyres in the same size.

The Caravelle is 20mm lower as standard. I'm not going lower, or fitting spacers. I'm happy with it how it is.

Velle.jpg

I'm looking to order a set of 19inch wheels and have a couple of questions that I hope you guys can help with please.
Is there much of a ride difference comfort wise between 19 and 20's?
What width wheel should I get 8, 8.5 or 9?
Cheers :)

@jvoss85 I would like to know the same question as i was thinking about that today.... Would love to know if someone's tried out both.

19s will be more comfortable due to the bigger sidewall on the tyre.

Width wise anywhere from 8.8-9.5 work really well. You can go staggered on 19s which looks cool.

There is more choice with 20's which tend to make them similarly priced as 19's.

19s will be more comfortable due to the bigger sidewall on the tyre.

Width wise anywhere from 8.8-9.5 work really well. You can go staggered on 19s which looks cool.

There is more choice with 20's which tend to make them similarly priced as 19's.

If you went 20s you could just spec up the side wall height to counter that couldn’t you? Will put your Speedo out but as long as you know by how much then no problem is it?

use willtheyfit.com to get the error amount from old to new

Not that simple. You will have clearance issues. Decent suspension, of which there is a good choice , is the way to go with the correctly sized 20” wheel and tyre package. Don’t use tyres to compensate.

Not that simple. You will have clearance issues. Decent suspension, of which there is a good choice , is the way to go with the correctly sized 20” wheel and tyre package. Don’t use tyres to compensate.

Does that depend how low you’ve gone? I’m new to this

Yes, Of course. But you always want to try and run within 5% of the original setup.

Reactions: Jlo
I'm still really tempted to go 19" and get the 45 side wall... Still undecided but luckily no rush, those 20s though... arhrhrhrh!

So tempted to just get the 30mm spring drop from VW before i pickup my van to keep a bit more clearance for the Devon roads.

I'm still really tempted to go 19" and get the 45 side wall... Still undecided but luckily no rush, those 20s though... arhrhrhrh!

So tempted to just get the 30mm spring drop from VW before i pickup my van to keep a bit more clearance for the Devon roads.
I have just fitted these as wanted more clearance for the Dorset roads! Just need to decide on wheels now!

Back