OZ Rally Raid 17s or 18s

Locko48

Thinking of going swamper look but not a raised ride a lowered one if anything. Does anyone have any experience with these wheels can I get away with an 18 OZ raid on a lowered van or will it need to be a 17. Tyre size would be BF or falken I think 65 tyre depth. Van is indium grey if anyone has any pictures of them on by any chance.

Hi mate, what size are the grabbers ? I am about to press go on a set of rally raids but I cant decide on tyres

Hi, I saw a kombi van just like yours in the photo in van trader. I like these OZ Rally Raid alloys also. The one in Van Trader is fitted with Falken Wild peak all terrain tyres. It’s got 18” Rally Raid alloys so not sure what size tyres would have been chosen, would anyone know? Is it ok to fit these type of tyres onto these wheels rather than normal road tyres? Also, VW lowering springs are fitted onto that van, does it all work nicely or will the ride be very harsh? Would anyone know? Thanks

I can't comment on the springs but typically lowering springs with standard shock absorbers is rarely considered to be more comfortable.
The Wildpeaks are a popular tyre but come in different tread patters depending on the terrain that you intend to drive on. Similarly, they are available in a variety of widths and profiles which may impact the accuracy of the speedo (this can be corrected to some degree with VCDS). Also, too large and it may foul the bodywork!

Last edited:
Hi, I saw a kombi van just like yours in the photo in van trader. I like these OZ Rally Raid alloys also. The one in Van Trader is fitted with Falken Wild peak all terrain tyres. It’s got 18” Rally Raid alloys so not sure what size tyres would have been chosen, would anyone know? Is it ok to fit these type of tyres onto these wheels rather than normal road tyres? Also, VW lowering springs are fitted onto that van, does it all work nicely or will the ride be very harsh? Would anyone know? Thanks
To run a lowered van on 18s with an offroad tyre, the size required is a 235/55/18. And springs only are not the best solution , it will be harsh. If you can stretch to a suspension upgrade as well you will be well sorted. We are an OZ dealer if you need the wheels and we can supply complete packages.

Here you go @Locko48 - my van on 17 OZ Rally Raids, dropped on B14's with General Grabbers fitted:

View attachment 201733

)I know - it's the only shot I could find with a side view to show the wheels properly ......)
Hi “Drifterman”, just wanted to ask you about your van which I love in this photo. I’m looking to get OZ 17” Rally Raids with possibly Falken Wildpeaks 235/65/17 for tyres with the van lowered to 40mm or 50mm drop. Can you tell me if you have any tyre rubbing or catching issues with this tyre combination and lowered B14’s on yours? How much is your van lowered by?

The Rally Raids are ET35 vs the ET34 of the Fuel Zephyrs. There are a few people running the Falken 235's with these wheels at various heights. I haven't heard of any rubbing issues at 40 or 50mm.

Hi “Drifterman”, just wanted to ask you about your van which I love in this photo. I’m looking to get OZ 17” Rally Raids with possibly Falken Wildpeaks 235/65/17 for tyres with the van lowered to 40mm or 50mm drop. Can you tell me if you have any tyre rubbing or catching issues with this tyre combination and lowered B14’s on yours? How much is your van lowered by?
This is mine with 235/65/17 and a 50mm drop. No rubbing issues whatsoever (tyres are Pirelli Scorpions)

20231216_133640.jpg

The Scorpion name covers a range of tyres for differing surfaces. Those look like the AT version which are a great looking tyre. They were my first choice when I went for an AT tyre but I ended up with Falken Wildpeaks as the Pirelli's weren't available at the time. I was under the impression that they're discontinued but I can still find them online.
Both Falken and Pirelli have a similarly beefy looking sidewall, if that's your thing.

Here you go @Locko48 - my van on 17 OZ Rally Raids, dropped on B14's with General Grabbers fitted:

View attachment 201733

)I know - it's the only shot I could find with a side view to show the wheels properly ......)

View attachment 201733

Morning Drifterman
Can you please tell me where you bought your wheels and tyres and do you know the offset?
Many thanks

Back