F57793BB-C4C5-4AD8-B641-0A82F7672966.jpeg
there’s a few examples online. No wonder the ride’s rough if the tyres have a profile as low as these! o_O

As you can see, they are just too big. Not my choice, but came with the van.
Agreed fella, too big. I would choose 20s, well I did. You may decide you want to go a little lower once you’ve changed your wheels.

Hey there,

Getting closer to purchasing my first van :) ...and had a quick question about wheel size.
The bespoke build companies I've looked at are all recommending 20/21" wheels which look great but not sure if they're practical in day to day driving.

Just wondering what the drive is like on a T6 T32 SWB if going from 17/18" wheels up to say 20" ish? Does the ride suffer as such or does it actually improve and feel/handle more like a car? From looking around online I guess the van would be lowered around 40-50mm. I presume that also helps reduce body roll and makes it feel more car like?

Any thoughts from people that have gone either up or down in wheel size?

Thank you and apologies if this sounds like a silly question!

My current set up is 20" wheels and dropped about 60mm and it handles great in my opinion. Feels just like a car. A bit harsh over pot holes but what wheel size/suspension setup isnt ?

Got these sat in my garage
20 x9.5 et45 load rated wheels and tyres on tyre needs replacing wheels are totally as new

565FE9A3-C270-46A8-8D31-1FE7A084F294.jpeg

9AC5941D-11C5-4454-AB8B-41AFFF1284DD.png

7BFEDF19-8E40-4A09-B777-53AEF90074EC.jpeg

Don’t go bigger than 20”.
And spend well on suspension to make it all work together nicely

Good advice
B14s are the way forward or the new eibach coilovers but have no experience of the eibach b14s with 20s ride lovely in my opinion

Thanks everyone. I think I'm going with 18's for now. If I want to change them later on then so be it.
I've seen quite a few vans and they don't look out of place to me. I'll still go for 50mm H&R lowering springs.

Almost at the point of ordering a T6.1 kombi with the standard 17" Devonport wheels. Whist they look ok, I might look to keep them as winter tyres and for the summer something that looks a bit nicer.

If I want to put a set of 19" alloys on afterwards, what will I have to do? What sizes should I go for and does it have to be lowered for it to look half decent?

Essentially I want some of your opinion on What can I put on that will look half decent with minimal upgrade/fettle as I'm out in Germany (Van will be brought out straight after purchase from UK) and where I am, prices for any kind of maintenance and upgrade are extortionate.

Thanks in advance.

I really like the look of these 20” wheels
08F3F2FC-2B94-4B87-9A1E-49A2ECF268A6.jpeg

However, I’m just concerned on the ride on 20”, will it be too ‘crashy’?
Thoughts?
What tyre would you recommend for such a wheel and do these require spacers??

DB2D9371-9745-43A8-86F3-09D8726FC7F4.jpeg

I run 20s and they are not crashy. Poor suspension choices will cause way more discomfort/crashiness (yes, I did just say crashiness) than a set of 20s will.

To recommend tyre options we need to know the width of the wheel and the load rating of your van.

To recommend spacers we need to know the wheel offset. If you can share that information then we’ll be able to offer more advice.

Back