Stuart Nightingale

T6 Pro
I have a T32 kombi on order and I'm keen to get my head around which size wheels and how much lower the van may need to go to.
Would it be possible for you guys to post a picture or two showing your van and say what size wheels you have and if you lowered it and by how much please.
I'm trying to get a visual with information on what has actually been done, I keep looking at pictures on the internet but not many list what has been fitted.
Thanks.

Hi Stuart and welcome :thumbsup:.
I don't have a picture of mine with the new wheels and suspension yet, but when I do I will stick one up here.

When I was doing my research trying to decide what to go for, I found that it was unfortunately not quite as simple as it first appeared, and this makes the decision more difficult. For example:
A 40mm lowering kit will sit different with an empty panel van than it will with a fully converted camper or a loaded van.
A 40mm kit from one supplier can look different to the same nominal drop from another supplier.
Different spring rates for different vehicles can look different.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking it would be similar to how you describe! Although the kombi will be used as a car I have to get the T32 as it is vat qualifying.
I was hoping to soften it a bit as well because from what I have read is that when you go for bigger wheels which inevitably have lower profile tyres the ride can be harsh.
I was thinking 20" but I would like to see some pictures and hear some personal experiences before I order anything.

18" springfield factory alloys and Vw 30mm eibach lowering springs fitted before delivery. Hope this helps. Oh and an empty T30 Kombi with 2+1 rear seats.

Like this, sits nice. Here is mine on 19" with coilovers on 60/70mm drop from standard. Have been considering raising it a bit lately.

IMG_0418.JPG

Thats sitting really nice!

I hope mine looks as good on the 30mm and 18" wolfrace classics when it arrives

I agree, how comfy a ride is it?
I haven't driven the standard spring setup, the demo van I test drive had the 30mm springs on as well. This is my first van so I have nothing to compare it to. I think it rides really nice though, doesn't roll massively in bends and doesn't crash over bumps. I'm really pleased.

Back