Windows keep going down on their own

Hey body snatcher , have you ruled out the possibility of the buttons being pressed in your pocket while you are in the house or even a child In the house getn hold of the keys and pressing buttons , reason I mentioned this is my next door neighbors boot sometimes would open it's self and I one time witnessed it happen and also noticed that the hazards flashed a few times, when I went to say to him he came to the door with his little kid who had the car keys in his hand . Hope you get to the bottom of this

Pressing and holding the unlock button will unlock the doors and drop the windows. If a door isn't opened within about 20 seconds, the doors will automatically relock, but the windows will remain down.

Unlock button on the keyfob.

Either sticking or being sat on?

St4n99 , Dellmassive Thanks but after 1st time I’ve taken keys and kept inside to rear of house and as we’ve no young children it still remains a mystery

On some of the Audis they can suffer from water ingress to the convenience module and that can cause the windows to open. Worth checking for bad connections or water etc.

wind deflectors maybe triggering the antitrap on windows ? I've had this happen on a running van where I couldn't keep window closed it just kept reopening. Not sure if it would affect your alrwady locked van

Twice now I’ve gone out and my van windows are wide open , and doors remained locked ???
I had this issue for a while. I think it started after the battery was disconnected. I’d come down in the morning and find the windows open on the van. I thought someone was messing with me. Anyways a reset of the windows sorted it.

Reactions: mmi
Just found both cab windows half open and doors locked. I haven’t been in the van for days and the keys were not in my pocket at any point.
Is there a function that can be disabled with Carista?

Something, somehow, is likely pushing the button.

I keep my keys in RFID-blocking pouches, and this hasn't been a problem since. I bought an RFID box, the kind that looks like it might hold jewelry, and that just stays on my dresser. My keys go in there when I get home.

I really wish I could just solder a power switch onto the side of my key (without the anti-tamper destroying it).

Back