Windows keep going down on their own

marmite monster

VIP Member
T6 Guru
So come home from work sit down and my keys are in my jeans pocket.
The key fob is getting depressed in my pocket and dropping the windows on the van.
This has happened so many times on all the t5/t6 vas I've owned resulting in wet seats etc.

Is there anyway to remove the window dropping feature from the key fob ?

cheers

Screenshot 2019-12-01 at 20.32.03.png

I keep doing this on my T5 and T6
I would turn off the option for this, not sure with out looking tomorrow but I would say others know off the top of there heads what it is.

Its kinda useful in the summer to get all the hot air out the cab before you get in but jeez its doing my head in at a the moment. And someones going to steal my van one day soon if I keep doing it.

Not very elegant but serves the purpose - hard moulding rubber with a piece of steel plate sandwiched in the layers. Both my windows and my heater would get activated.

img-1252-copy.jpg

Always disable remote opening/closing of the windows on my campers. Pain in the (wet) a55 when you find the windows open after a storm!
Anyone in Shropshire need it disabling drop me PM. Remember that as far as I know disabling the keyfob window control also disables mirror folding if you have it.

Always disable remote opening/closing of the windows on my campers. Pain in the (wet) a55 when you find the windows open after a storm!
Anyone in Shropshire need it disabling drop me PM. Remember that as far as I know disabling the keyfob window control also disables mirror folding if you have it.
I have keep fit folding mirrors lol

For a few days now I've been coming out to my van and my windows are down. I thought I'd just been leaning on the key or something so though nothing of it. last night I made a point of locking the van and putting the key on the side and checking the windows were still up but they went down overnight. I went out to check how much water had got in (not much fortunately) and put the windows up in the fob, then as I was walking away the windows came down on there own again.

Anyone experienced this? My immediate thought is to disable the windows from fob with VCDS but I quite like the feature and use it a lot.

The key went through the wash about a year ago so I thought that could be at fault, maybe its finaly failed or something.

any help would be appreciated

Just to add my warranty ran out 2 weeks ago.....classic

Sounds like a dodgy key with a sticky button....

Can you take the battery out of that key to test?

Or try your second key...?

If it still does it look at possible water ingress on the drivers window switches..... again try unplugging to isolate the fault.

Fault in the door loop loom is also possible.

If you need to go to VW they may help you out with a goodwill discount for a replacement key as your so close to end of warranty.

I’d disable that particular key by taking the battery out and use your second key for a while and see if it reoccurs.

Did the vehicle unlock as you walked away when the windows went down ?

If the vehicle unlocked as they went down then you would suspect the key, if the vehicle was still locked then it has to be a fault within the van

Put the key in the external lock and lock/unlock a few times to check the microswitches are not stuck.

Have you resolved this yet? I just wonder if it's because of the standard feature on all VWs that when you press and hold the unlock button on the key fob for about five seconds the windows will open. If you press and hold the lock button on the key fob then after about five seconds the windows will close. You might be unknowingly doing this. I wondered about this before I found out about this 'press and hold' feature when I was sat, bending down to tie my boots with the key in my pocket and the windows opened. It turned out that when I did that I put enough pressure on the key fob to activate the 'press and hold' feature.

We had a problem like this. Kept finding the windows half way down. Turned out it was my wife leaning on the key in her bag. We bought RF-blocking key bags: problem solved.

Can the press and hold feature be deactivated? I was working on my van last night with my key in the pocket and the windows opened, obviously the button was being pressed in my pocket. I can't think why I'd want this feature so would like to disable it. I've got Carista if that helps.

Can the press and hold feature be deactivated? I was working on my van last night with my key in the pocket and the windows opened, obviously the button was being pressed in my pocket. I can't think why I'd want this feature so would like to disable it. I've got Carista if that helps.
It can yes.

Reactions: KR.
Back