Is my van haunted?

AdL

VIP Member
T6 Pro
So I was working on the van to fit a Vankraft hinge to the passenger seat. No key in the ignition. I was nowhere near the drivers or passenger door window controls. Not working on any electrics at all, just seeing how the seat fabric is removed and what spanners I needed. Suddenly both driver and passenger windows opened of their own accord. They would not shut until I put the key in the ignition and used drivers door buttons to shut them. Why did this happen - have I got a van poltergeist?

Only thing I can think of is that they key was in my pocket - but I could not replicate this with any combination of key presses.

If programmed pressing and holding in the open button on the key fob will open the windows.

Likes holding lock button will close the windows

A [very] long press of the 'open' button on the key activate the 'comfort opening' function, where both cab windows will open. Similarly, a long press on the 'close' button will activate the 'comfort closing' function. So, yes, it's highly probable that's what you did.

Definitely haunted. I had a similar experience when wiring in a dash cam.
Sat in the front seat, keys out, windows closed. Then the windows opened. I looked in the rear view mirror and Derek Ocorer and Yvette Fielding were in my kitchen area screaming "Her name's Mary, I can feel her soul trying to steal your kids Dairylee dunckers from the fridge!"
I asked Dereck to pass me the Philips and he went on his way.
True fictional story

Back