Warning ! Window fell out on T6 !!!!!!!!

I have just had one window fall out of my 2017 T6 for the same reason. The van spent the first 5 years on the Isle of Wight and is now on the south coast in Dorset, so coastal climates do seem to play a role in this failure, after the early reports from Cornwall. I wasn't aware of any leakage from the window prior to failure. The right hand side window fell out when I closed the sliding door (twin sliding) and, on inspection, the lower rail on the left hand window feels suspiciously 'flexible'. VW's initial response is that this failure is not covered under the bodywork warranty, although they are going to investigate further. I see that some members have had this covered outside of the main warranty. Does anyone have paperwork showing this has been covered under warranty? ThanksPXL_20240316_114605358.jpgPXL_20240316_114452813.jpg

I got absolutely nowhere with VW as they also said it was not covered under the body warranty or the all in warranty. I ended up replacing mine with a non slider OEM panel.

Another Horror story. I guess the Transit doesnt suffer of this issue. Probably good Ford took over.

Update... VW indicated a 30-40% "goodwill contribution" to repair costs, but materials alone are c. £1,700 (both windows) + labour. I don't have a full service history with VW dealerships, so others may get a more generous contribution but a VW repair would still be way more than aftermarket and I'd still be left with the same leaky windows. So I'll get aftermarket replacements. Can anyone recommend a good window fitter in East Dorset? I have used Revampavan previously with good results but they are fully booked for the next few weeks.

Out of interest, does anyone know of a 3rd party supplier for the non-sliding windows that matches the dimensions of the oem windows?

I wouldn't want to fit a 3rd party window that's 5mm taller than the one next to it...

(owner of a 2005 caravelle with intact windows, feeling quite surprised by it....)

Back