Window Needs Resetting After Leaving Open Whilst Parked

Zave

VIP Member
T6 Guru
So in the sunshine whilst parked I leave my windows cracked open an inch or 2.

Later, I close them at night. The passenger goes up no problems but the drivers side has to be reset. This is getting on my wick as I can't just close the windows using the remote. Any suggestions for a solution please?

Drive the window down until it stops, then press and hold the button down again for 3 proper seconds (1 elephant, 2 elephant, 3 elephant)
Drive the window up (it will jump up and stop but pull again)
Once closed, pull up again for 3 seconds.
Now reset.

What @Loz said . . .

All the way down and keep holding button.

Then all the way up and keep holding.

Then test the one touch close/open.

If not working do it again but hold down longer.

If you have done the above and it keeps losing its setting and needs doing again then I would say you may have a fault ??

Drive the window down until it stops, then press and hold the button down again for 3 proper seconds (1 elephant, 2 elephant, 3 elephant)
Drive the window up (it will jump up and stop but pull again)
Once closed, pull up again for 3 seconds.
Now reset.
I've given this a go. Previously I didn't release the button before pressing down for 3 seconds. Hopefully it'll work normmnor again now.

Took it in for a service and mentioned this recurring fault. It happens when I crack the window open and leave for a few hours. Dealers couldn't replicate it and blamed the fault on my wind deflectors.

Twice now I’ve gone out and my van windows are wide open , and doors remained locked???
I had this issue for a while. I think it started after the battery was disconnected. I’d come down in the morning and find the windows open on the van. I thought someone was messing with me. Anyways a reset of the windows sorted it.

Back