Autoterm (Planar) 2D 2Kw is what I have along with quiet fuel pump and controller. Also have the modem to use with an app to operate remotely.

Are they easy to install
Hi, my camper conversion came with it. They are very similar to truck night heaters. Fuel supply is to the tank so that needs dropping. Floor drilled for intake/ exhaust. Fuel pump to fit and a controller. I wouldn’t say it’s out of the scope of a competent DIY’er.
Search “Autoterm”. They are Russian made. UK sales and support.

Are they easy to install
I had mine installed by Cosmic Campers. They did a very good, very professional job and I can’t rate them highly enough. Very neat and went the extra mile to route cables etc.
If I had a ramp or axle stands and a garage I’d deffo do it myself.
My van is parked on the road on a hill so it’s a none starter.

Can you add the modem later .or does it need to be installed the same time as the heater
I have the planar with modem, never use the controller, only ever use the app. Last week my van was frozen solid and being able to defrost it from the app whilst having my breakfast is worth the extra cost. Also great when out walking or riding, turn the heater on when 30 minutes away, bliss!

I also have the Planar. Bought from Kirknalls in Chesterfield and installed myself on the drive.

For those with the modem, which sim do you use?

Hi, thank you. I assume it’s a pay as you go and you can just add funds as and when necessary? Do you know how often it needs to be used to remain active?

Hi, thank you. I assume it’s a pay as you go and you can just add funds as and when necessary? Do you know how often it needs to be used to remain active?
Yes, pay as you go. I stuck a tenner on it Nov 19 when I got the heater installed, pennies per text so not added anything since. Get regular emails with usage updates and online account etc. Installer recommended it, and they are the main planar guys, based in Wrexham

I havent had any issues but the app works better with iPhone`s. My Antenna is in the rear cupboard and picks up a phone signal no problem.

Back