Ordered the Planar D2 kit from www.melloronline.co.uk today after a tip in another thread.
Including SIM remote £470. Don’t order the external bracket on the heater page though. Dig a little deeper on the site and there is a stainless steel mounting bracket for £2 more than the mild steel one listed on the heater options.
Will post back when it arrives if it is OK. Seems like a good deal.

Last edited:
Ordered the Planar D2 kit from www.melloronline.co.uk today after a tip in another thread.
Including SIM remote £470. Don’t order the external bracket on the heater page though. Dig a little deeper on the site and there is a stainless steel mounting bracket for £2 extra.
Will post back when it arrives if it is OK. Seems like a good deal.
I can’t see it for the price you mention bud??

I am in the process of undermouting my Planar 2D heater, dreaded tank drop today and running the outlet up through the floor behind the drivers seat close to the handbrake behind the drivers seat. On the face of it the unit casings are very high quality and very snug fitting with little chance of any water getting in, it's as good if not better than the Eberspacher in my T4.

Someone who was very positive about their Planar did say that the internal screws, nuts and bolts could be better and worth changing them for better ones. 4Kw system going into my daughters Sprinter in a few weeks and so I will open it and see what he meant and which ones are easy to upgrade.

I am in the process of undermouting my Planar 2D heater, dreaded tank drop today and running the outlet up through the floor behind the drivers seat close to the handbrake behind the drivers seat. On the face of it the unit casings are very high quality and very snug fitting with little chance of any water getting in, it's as good if not better than the Eberspacher in my T4.

Hope the drop goes OK, will be doing the same in a week or two. Any problems would be good to know about:thumbsup:

Before you all go out and buy your heaters try Kirknalls. I got a deal on my Planar which was too good to miss as he had too much stock. I wasn’t really intending to buy yet, but it was a no brainer! He does all makes and models of heater and offers a fitting service too.

Having done most of what is required on the installation I would say get someone else to do it for you. It’s a proper pain! I’m 2 days in off and on and I still have the wiring to run to the pump, plastics to put back on and I still have to wire it to the leisure battery. I’m sure it will be worth it in the end!

Sure there will be a lot of satisfaction with a job done well @jimmyjames and think of what you can get with the £300 odd that gets asked for installation.
New headlights
Solar panel
One 20” wheel;)

All fitted and running finally. I had a couple of issues with the Planar which were easily overcome. First one was I did the mounting bolts on the unit too tight which caused the fan to chafe the casing, second one was one of the exhaust clamps which stripped it’s thread, managed to find an eberspacher one to replace it. If anyone wants any info about what’s involved in installing drop me a pm although Dale at Kirknalls is very helpful over the phone.

Last edited:
Anyone any experience of dealing with these guys (in Russia?).

Heaters4you - Heaters For You

As we all know dealers normally charge the max the market will take.

Obviously a little concerned about sending my dollars to USSR when they don't advertise business address.

But anyway any of you used these guys?

Sorry, no experience of the company but if they're Russian and don't publish an address, there's not much more that you need to know. Make up your own mind but I think I'd rather spend an extra £100 (or whatever) and buy from (or via) a legit source.

Don't forget to add duty and vat to their prices - they suddenly become less competitive.

Thanks for pointing that one out.
I hadn't factored that in; overlooked totally.

The main thing that puts me off is that a reputable would have a business address obvious on adverts.

Try adding the cost of a fitting kit to the heater price then add 20% VAT. From what I see their price is much the same as P F Jones for a similar product.

That's only a cursory look you may find a useful difference but when you factor in the convenience of having a UK supplier with a good reputation I think I know where I would buy.

I’ve just altered my under seat electrics so that I can get the ducting though under the seat.

I don’t know whether to go for Eberspacher or Autoterm. I am going to have it fitted as I don’t fancy trying to do it on the driveway.

Labour for fitting is the same for both but the Eberspacher kit is more expensive.

Is the Eberspacher worth an extra is £300 ?

Back