I’ve just altered my under seat electrics so that I can get the ducting though under the seat.

I don’t know whether to go for Eberspacher or Autoterm. I am going to have it fitted as I don’t fancy trying to do it on the driveway.

Labour for fitting is the same for both but the Eberspacher kit is more expensive.

Is the Eberspacher worth an extra is £300 ?

Yes definitely go for the Eberspaecher. But make sure it is a UK spec heater to get your 3 year’s warranty.
When they have completed it you should get a warranty card registered with EB UK so make sure before they fit it they got it from a UK dealer.

I went to a unfortunate lady last week who had a Eberspaecher fitted in December. The controller had packed up so she called Eberspaecher and they passed the job to me. I went and had a look at tit and it was a really bad installation so wrong controller for that heater, she ended up paying for a new controller and had to have the heater wired up correctly.
As this was her permanent home and had paid a lot of money I just charged her the parts.
So make sure it’s a UK or there is no warranty

to top it of the installer drilled through the side of the diesel tank instead of fitting the correct pick up hose from the sender unit. So she also needs a new tank on the van

if you get the serial number I can check with Eberspaecher if it’s Uk

Jeff
Accredited Eberspaecher Dealer

Hi Jeff,

Many thanks for great advice. The dealer says three years warranty on his website and has been recommended on here but I will definitely check with him.

Is the Eberspaecher just a better built and more reliable unit?

Hi Jeff,

Many thanks for great advice. The dealer says three years warranty on his website and has been recommended on here but I will definitely check with him.

Is the Eberspaecher just a better built and more reliable unit?

My personal opinion is Eberspaecher all day long. Easy to work on and parts are quite cheap.
Other than that I would suggest Webasto.
They are both all certified with appropriate bodies and have struck safety standards , hence only using approved agent’s

if you want to let me know in a DM who’s fitting it I can let you know if there a approved agent if you don’t already know.
mid not good luck

Jeff

hi guys just sold my t5.1 and decided to convert my T6 can anyone recommend a good night heater? I have spoken to planar today. Cheers

Have a search on here. Lots of info. I’ve got a Webasto Air Top 2000STC and very pleased with it.

I went for an Erberspacher D2, not tried it overnight yet but the install was fairly straight forward and it does the job.

I’ve just bought a planar for mine, probably won’t fit it for a while, it looks an ok bit of kit, I’ve had the webasto air top before and they are very good, comparatively the planar was about £300 cheaper and for the use it will get occasional camping the webasto lost out

I have also just bought a Planar. Somehow I now need to run my tank low so that I can fit it! I made the mistake of filling up just before lockdown :thumbsdown:

Yes definitely go for the Eberspaecher. But make sure it is a UK spec heater to get your 3 year’s warranty.
When they have completed it you should get a warranty card registered with EB UK so make sure before they fit it they got it from a UK dealer.

I went to a unfortunate lady last week who had a Eberspaecher fitted in December. The controller had packed up so she called Eberspaecher and they passed the job to me. I went and had a look at tit and it was a really bad installation so wrong controller for that heater, she ended up paying for a new controller and had to have the heater wired up correctly.
As this was her permanent home and had paid a lot of money I just charged her the parts.
So make sure it’s a UK or there is no warranty

to top it of the installer drilled through the side of the diesel tank instead of fitting the correct pick up hose from the sender unit. So she also needs a new tank on the van

if you get the serial number I can check with Eberspaecher if it’s Uk

Jeff
Accredited Eberspaecher Dealer
/
where is correct/ best place to fit d2 in a t6?

I have VW Transporter T28, short wheel base , renovated into camper. With pop up roof and rock roller bed.
Iv decided Deisel is my best heater option.
Iv looked the Webaso. Please what would be the best model for my van. Luckily my neighbour ig good mechanic, hence fitting should not be prob. Im just not sure on what model Webaso to buy

Personally I would go eberspacher but I’ve been used to these for the past twenty years or so, easy to service and parts easy to get in my opinion a better product but I’m sure others won’t agree

Im a bit confused on wither I need the 24v or the 12v. ( the 12v seams to be more expencive )
can i use either ,? or must itspecifically be a 12v or 24 v.

Are you running off vehicle battery ? Or leisure battery ? What is your leisure battery setup need to know to give you best advice but more than likely you’ll need the 12v one

I would imagine it will run off leisure battery, as I will only use when not driving. I have been told a 12v is what i need , as 24 v is for use when using 2 batteries. . When parked up, my lights fridge etc will run off leisure battery .

12v and 2kw

24v is for lorries with a 24v electrics system.

Yes that’s why asked as didn’t know what your set up was on lesiure battery, probably more for the 12v as they sell a lot more 24volt systems

What is the best heater for my T6 van I have it converted but at the time didn't put a Heater in .can this be done afterwards .any recommendations for a good heater it's only me in the van

Back