Also looking for the best heater, read lots of threads. Anyone with a Planar and remote app had trouble with the alarm going off when the heater is operated in a locked van?

Different heater, but I’ve used my externally mounted Webasto on a timer with it locked and have had no issues with the ultrasonics.

Also looking for the best heater, read lots of threads. Anyone with a Planar and remote app had trouble with the alarm going off when the heater is operated in a locked van?
This could be down to where the electrical supply is taken from. If the installer uses the vehicle battery rather than the leisure battery, the Volt drop when the heater kicks up could trigger the alarm.

I went for a planar with the remote start app. I have had a Chinese diesel heater before and it worked fine. I just wanted the phone control so went for the planar.

I also heard ealier if the heater is hook up to the vehicle battery it can trigger the alarm as it picks up the voltage drop.

I’ve just purchased the Planar, couldn’t stretch for the remote access presently.

Looking forward to fitting it in the next few weeks.

Working shifts means I get in the van at both early and late o'clock. Can either set the departure time or more usually, as soon as I wake up, hit the on button and the app sends the heater a text and it fires up. Wash, dress and breakfast and the vans toasty for me getting in 20 minutes later. You can also send a status request and the Thermocall replies with the battery voltage and temperature in the van. Wasn't cheap but enjoying it so far.

Screenshot_20191218-010112.jpg

Screenshot_20191218-010931.jpg

I have a Propex system in my T6. I would avoid this heater at all times. Hasn,t worked since I bought my van. Getting shot of this piece of shit in the spring and getting a Plannar installed.

Just had a planar heater (Russian model) installed underneath the body it runs from the main tank and has a 7 day programme timer fully installed by a planar dealer with 2 yr warranty £900 all in and I'm very happy with it gets the van toasty on its lowest setting

Just run my £120 chinese 2kW up for an hour this evening, up to 22 degrees in 45mins no issues with it so far.

Looked at a Chinese model installed for £300 installed in Manchester but it only came with a 6 month warranty what warranty did you get?

None at all, but I can replace it 7 times and still be better off than paying £900 over two years.

Funny enough, when the Planar appeared on the scene a few years ago it was received in a similar manner to the Chinese clone is today. How times change.
It’s nice to have a choice and spend your money accordingly.

Hi. I’m looking to install a diesel heater in my T6 and looking for recommendations. Prices seem to vary dramatically. Looking to install behind swivel drivers seat. Appreciate any input.
Hi I have just had a Webasto fitted to my van ,we have them on our boat so went with the same as I’ve had no problems with them our boat is a lot bigger area and it heats really well

Planar heaters are all over my instagram and facebook of late... seem good prices

Always said id have a Ebby as i like to do things "properly" My work van is fitted with the 7day timer Ebby and its bloody brilliant, pipe running into the cab for the morning and a pipe in the rear to keep work clothes dry after a bad weather call out!!! (im a overhead linesman)

What sort of money are we talking for an Ebby to be fitted in my T6?! against the Webby and a Planar... noted this post started in 2017 and planar was hated back then... a must for me is a mobile APP, really want to control it all from the app... and it has to be under the van out the way. Only query with it being under a van is, if i drive through a ford... is that the heater ruined?! just a thought....

Cheers cal

Only query with it being under a van is, if i drive through a ford... is that the heater ruined?! just a thought....

I’ve got an externally mounted Webby, not an Ebby, but it’s mounted behind the plastic panels below the driver’s seat and you can’t see it from below (only the exhaust and air inlet) so it appears quite well protected.

I’ve driven through flooded Scottish roads and it’s been fine!

I’ve got an externally mounted Webby, not an Ebby, but it’s mounted behind the plastic panels below the driver’s seat and you can’t see it from below (only the exhaust and air inlet) so it appears quite well protected.

I’ve driven through flooded Scottish roads and it’s been fine!

Are you lowered?

Back