I have a Planar 2KW heater in my van complete with silent fuel pump and modem for smartphone app. A very good bit of kit and works very well. Every heater is ran for over an hour in the factory and 1 from each batch is ran for 24hrs. They have also upped the warranty from 2 to 3 years if fitted by a registered Planar installer. They are well thought of in the narrow boat community and NHS Scotland installs the 4KW version in its ambulances. Although a bit cheaper than the German makes a ours cost £950 fully installed on the drive by a Planar registered installer with, the extras above. An all round excellent experience start to finish.

I know this is an old thread but I’m looking now and interested what’s about

I know this is an old thread but I’m looking now and interested what’s about
Hi. As mentioned above look at bowers or of Jones. They will sell a kit with all the wiring and controllers.

if not look for one on eBay.

if you want to DM me then do so and I will give me your number. If not look me up on Eberspaecher dealer search JMN Solutions

Jeff

Not everyones cup of tea but I have one of the Chinese heaters of flebay and works a treat . Cost me 160 for 5kw and new LCD screen , I then got it installed at my converter and they recommended I changed the exhaust and air intake as they felt they were not up to standerd and ran it into my fuel system , total cost was 500 supplied and fitted , not had a problem yet and the unit itself is very well built

I have purchased one my self ,will be fitting over Christmas to my T5.1 will let you know how it goes

This looks epic but would want the silent pump that said external fitting may not need it hmmm

I’ve got a Planar, also had one in my T5, no problem whatsoever, great bit of kit. I have no experience of any other makes though so can’t compare.

No, got planar in Wrexham to install, £850 incl modem so I can control it from an app on my phone.

Good luck with the Chinese one. The one I fitted last year has already packed up and been replaced with a new one.
My only advice would be try and fit it outside and duct in

Good luck with the Chinese one. The one I fitted last year has already packed up and been replaced with a new one.
My only advice would be try and fit it outside and duct in
was there a certain part that packed up buddy , had mine for under a year and not had a problem yer , mines is installed under the van behind the vans plastic under trays so hopefully it's well protected , only thing I noticed I don't like about it is the fact the led screen dosent switch off completely so if the van isn't being used for few weeks then you will see the draw from the battery , easy way is to install the screens cable in a place were you can easy access it to disconnect it when not in use , other than that all good

I would go Eberspacher all day long (Biased opinion as I’m a Eberspacher dealer)
EB have a new D2 (AS2) out which has a longer life span on all components and is canbus so the Controller you get will read faults.
Webasto are expensive when they go wrong (my opinion, I’m a dealer for them as well)
No offence to anyone with the Chinese heaters, yes there cheap but poor quality and have no safety certs, CE approval, I have fitted one but used everything EB apart from the heater and Controller wiring loom

So for me Eberspacher, Bowers and Butler Technic do good prices online.

What do you tend to find goes wrong with Webasto's @jefnew949

Just remember to turn the motion sensor in the security system off when you set it up otherwise, a fan heater will trigger it.

Also looking for the best heater, read lots of threads. Anyone with a Planar and remote app had trouble with the alarm going off when the heater is operated in a locked van?

My externally fitted Evo 40 doesn't set off the alarm when remotely started. Can't see why an internal one would either - not something that I have heard of at all. Unless a Planar rocks a van or does something strange I can't see that one would either.

I've got a Planar in my camper with the exit grill (or whatever it's called!) coming out of the back of the drivers seat. There are NO problems running it with the car locked and alarm system / motion detector switched on.

Back