Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Been packing the van today, ready for three days at Cadwell park and the British Superbike championships.

Should be a hoot as there will be a group of us. It'll be the first time my lad and I have camped together in the van. Cant wait :D:D

Had a lovely drive through Snowdownia in the sunshine, seemed like there was only us on the road. Stopped for lunch in a lay-bye on the A5 near Cwm Llwm before carrying on to Shropshire to camp and try out the new Vango awning. Sunny afternoon but now it's raining, the vango sounds really substantial in the rain, well pleased with it

IMG_2988.JPG

Been packing the van today, ready for three days at Cadwell park and the British Superbike championships.

Should be a hoot as there will be a group of us. It'll be the first time my lad and I have camped together in the van. Cant wait :D:D

Have a great time, my favourite place is on the outside of the track at the end of the start/finish straight. See mountain still, but best of all you are very close to them as they take the first turn. It's fast, hope the weather is hot & the beer cold.

Today I'm going to Burton, and tomorrow I'm going to Huddersfield. Just keeping it real. Shout up if you need pictures.

Well the last 4 weeks have been busy. Had my folks visiting for 4 weeks so the 'bus' was used to great lengths for carrying 4 adults, 2 kids, 1 dog and a load of stuff around for most of that time.
We started with a week of camping in a wet / windy Devon (some sunshine but not a lot which sucked but hey ho), with a the bus heavily loaded and nothing but the road ahead of us we made our way from Northant's to the coast. The bus never skipped a beat and felt super comfy the whole way. (although it did scrape mud-flaps over short speed bumps frequently when fully loaded!)
We ventured out almost everyday and by the time we got home 6 days later we had completed about 500 effortless miles averaging 44-47MPG on motorways / long roads and 40ish on shorter trips.
The following week we spent time in north yorkshire, venturing to Newcastle, York, Lake Windermere, and enjoying the twisty roads threw the dales. About 700miles for this trip and again we all agreed the bus was a super comfy vehicle that provided the space we all needed as well as making it a great place to sit for viewing the country.
Again, I was impressed with the MPG i was achieving (mid 40's on a loaded vehicle) for the longer stretches.
In total i've covered about 2k miles in the last month and I'm really pleased with the modifications I've carried out ( B14's, 3rd row bench, glass all round, full insulation / sound deadening) have really turned this into a lovely mile muncher that turns a few heads along the way :)

Today I'm going to Burton, and tomorrow I'm going to Huddersfield. Just keeping it real. Shout up if you need pictures.

You'll have to grab a Carling from Burton and a kebab from Huffersfield. Souvenirs to remind you of a great journey!

RenderedContent-97A2982A-4308-467E-A58A-C536381C3927.JPG RenderedContent-D18F14E6-5973-4D7D-BAE6-4E2403505946.JPG

BSB - In bloomin' August. Brrrr!

Hope it wasn't too bad?
Been to Cadwell before and it's A1 for bikes.

Only 20 miles south of you and it's been a good day.
Cheers

Hope it wasn't too bad?
Been to Cadwell before and it's A1 for bikes.

Only 20 miles south of you and it's been a good day.
Cheers

Windy as anything with quite a few showers. Hot on the rare occasion the sun came out. Bloomin chilly now though.

Saw shed loads of Dubs yesterday on the way here....is that something you are involved with?? :thumbsup:

Windy as anything with quite a few showers. Hot on the rare occasion the sun came out. Bloomin chilly now though.

Saw shed loads of Dubs yesterday on the way here....is that something you are involved with?? :thumbsup:
No.... just a recent owner.
There's all sorts happening in Lincoln this summer so guess it attracts lots of vw travellers.
It's "Steampunks" next weekend!! Now that's worth a look if you've never seen them before.

Back